Origin Effects RevivalDRIVE Hot Rod Edition Pedal
From searing lead tones to super-saturated chords and palm-muted riffs, the Origin Effects RevivalDRIVE Hot Rod delivers two channels of aggressive high-gain tone with tons of tweakability, including a fully adjustable mid boost, the unique GHOST control and comprehensive RE-AMP EQ controls.
Real Amp Tones From Real Amp Circuit Behavior
Using all-analog components and replacing the valves with discrete transistor-based circuitry, Origin has recreated every stage of the signal path you’d find inside a vintage valve amp. This includes not only the preamp, phase inverter, power amp and rectifier stages, but also a synthesized mains power signal to let the RevivalDRIVE Hod Rod sound and interact just like a classic valve amplifier.
Origin have unearthed and analyzed some of the most influential mods created by notable amp techs of the early ‘70s then applied them to the RevivalDRIVE Hot Rod’s valve amp-style signal path. These mods pushed the sonic boundaries of these classic amps and ushered in an era of heavy rock bands and super-saturated guitar tones. The result is a pedal that retains the RevivalDRIVE’s astonishingly amp-like response but covers a completely new expanse of tonal territory.
Chop and Change Key Components
Accurately emulating valve amp circuit behavior is just the start. Origin listened to countless classic amps, analyzed what made them sound so good then reproduced all those elements in a pedal. The RevivalDRIVE Hot Rod’s intuitive controls let you play with different elements of this circuit, effectively redesigning the amp as you go.
The Amp-In-A-Box Pedal Without Compromises
Origin have built a range of EQ compensation features into the RevivalDRIVE Hot Rod to make sure it will sound great with whatever amp you’re using. At the flick of a switch, the pedal’s EQ can be tailored to fit with most popular guitar amps.
Two preset output filters for guitar amps are offered in the standard RevivalDRIVE Hot Rod.
The PWR AMP setting allows direct compatibility with cabinet simulation, allowing a near-infinite combination of amp and speakers to be unlocked on stage or in the studio.
With the RevivalDRIVE series, there are no compromises.
- CHANNEL SWITCH – toggle between two identical sets of controls with two different rectifier options
- VOLUME – adjusts input level for amount of overdrive, past 2 o’clock enters hot-rodded levels of gain
- OUTPUT – overdrive and blended level
- LOWS – adjusts the amount of low-end distortion
- MORE|PRES – reduces the power-stage’s negative feedback (CCW) or increases the presence (CW)
- GHOST – adds sag and “ghost notes” to replicate the behaviour of inefficient amps of the ’50s and ’60s
- BLEND – mix in your unaffected signal for parallel amp and subtle drive effects
- DRY GAIN – cut or boost the blended dry signal
- PRE-AMP – tonal recreations of hot-rodded preamps at the flick of a switch
- BRIGHT-CAP – add chime or top-end aggression just like on the real amps
- RE-AMP EQ – three presets allow quick compatibility when plugging into Blackface, Plexi, and flat-response amps. Fine tune the top-end further with HI SHELF and BRI-CAP CUT trimmers
- MID-ASSIGN – boost by up to +8 dB from anywhere between 780 Hz and 1.9 kHz, apply to either channel or toggle on/off anytime with the optional footswitch
|Unit Weight||2.6 lb|
|Input Connectors||1/4-inch TRS, 1/4-inch TS|
|Output Connectors||1/4-inch TS|
|Power Supply||Required (not included)|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Origin Effects RevivalDRIVE Hot Rod Edition Pedal.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields