To inquire if this item is available in one of our stores, please call 888.653.1184 or chat with us.
Novation Peak Polyphonic Desktop Synthesizer
Novation Peak sounds warm and rich with filthy, biting overdrive. It’s an eight-voice desktop polyphonic synthesizer with three New Oxford Oscillators for each voice. The synth has a resonant multi-mode analogue filter for each voice, and three distortion points in an analog signal chain.
Analog where it matters – digital where it counts
Peak’s design consultant was none other than Chris Huggett, the man behind Bass Station, Supernova, OSCar and many more legendary synths. Peak has its origin in the Bass Station II analog monosynth, and Peak’s oscillators sound completely analog by being high-quality NCOs (Numerically-Controlled Oscillators), but gain the flexibility of the digital domain with 17 digital wavetables.
Build and refine new sounds from scratch
Broaden out your electronic music, draw in new influences and take artistic risks. The modulation system puts the most frequently used assignments right at your fingertips in the main controls. More elaborate movements and secondary ‘via’ assignments are made just a few menu button presses away.
Connect to just about anything
You can plug Peak into your Mac or PC via USB and start playing. It also has MIDI I/O on five-pin DIN ports, so you can connect your other MIDI gear. Oh, and did we mention it connects to modular systems via a CV modulation input?
- Two ways to create waveforms: Analog-sounding NCOs (Numerically-Controlled Oscillators) and 17 digital wavetables
- A colossal amount of distortion: Three distortion points for each voice – pre-filter, post-filter and global – in an analog signal chain
- Control expression: Peak is capable of receiving polyphonic aftertouch, which puts expression right at your fingertips
- Cross-modulate oscillators: The three New Oxford Oscillators for each voice can become a linear FM source using either the analog-sounding NCOs (Numerically-Controlled Oscillators) or digital wavetables, they are also able to cross-modulate in a recursive loop
- Huge modulation system: 16-slot modulation matrix and 16 direct assignments controlled from the front panel, cleverly arranged for intuitive patch design and sound editing, three ADSR envelopes and two LFOs for each voice
- Easily switch modulations: Two animate buttons give live performers instant one-touch transformation of patches
- Mind-blowing sounds on-board: Reverb, delay and chorus at your disposal, and there’s also an arpeggiator
- Connect to hardware and software: Connect and sync to your music software and MIDI-compatible hardware, CV modulation input used to slot together modular systems
- Store unlimited sounds: Keep as many patches as you like on your Mac or PC using the Components software
|MIDI Connections||In, Out, Through|
|Analog or Digital||Analog|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Novation Peak Polyphonic Desktop Synthesizer.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields