Noise Engineering Basimilus Iteritas Alter - Silver
The Noise Engineering Basimilus Iteritas Alter is a parameterized digital drum synthesizer with its roots in the analog world. At its heart, it is a simple six-oscillator additive synthesizer with adjustable waveform, harmonic spread and decay. Adjustable attack including a noise oscillator is also included. These are summed and fed into an infinifolder for crunch and variety.
Basimilus Iteritas Alter is an improved version of Basimilus Iteritas. It is 2HP smaller, includes CV of switches, adds an third mode, and pitch range and knobs know offset rather than attenuate.
- Pitch - The pitch knob and CV input adjusts the pitch of the fundamental oscillator. This is a 1v/8va standard input. The knob sums with the CV input.
- Decay - The decay knob and CV input adjust the decay for all oscillators. The knob offsets the CV input.
- Attack - The attack knob and CV input adjust the attack for all oscillators. When left of center, noise is added. When dead center, a classic analog-style pop is produced. When right of center, the knob slows the attack. The knob offsets the CV input.
- Morph - The morph knob and CV control the waveform of all oscillators. This blends through sine, triangle, saw, and square continuously. The knob offsets the CV input.
- Fold - The fold knob and CV control the infinifold section. For the first 3/4 of the range this sets the threshold of the folder. This folder will dynamically add multiple fold stages to maximize the amount of folding based on the fold threshold and signal amplitude. When the control is in the top quarter of its range, a pulse train based on the signal is mixed in to give even more harmonic content. The knob offsets the CV input.
- Harmonic - The harmonic knob and CV control the harmonic decay of the oscillators. When fully left, only one oscillator is audible. This simulates many simple analog bass drums. As the parameter is increased more harmonics blend in lasting longer periods of time. The knob offsets the CV input. Fully left the tone produced is a single harmonic tone. From there to the first quarter a second tone fades in. The remaining turning extends first the decays then the amplitudes of the other four harmonics.
- Spread - The spread knob and CV control the frequency spacing of the oscillators. This allows the overtone series to vary from a purely harmonic to very inharmonic.
- Skin/Liquid/Metal - The mode switch selects between the three modes. Skin is a six-operator additive synth for tonal sounds. Liquid is a six-operator additive synth with a pitch envelope to add extra kick. Metal is a six operator FM synth for producing noisy and alien sounds. This setting can be controlled by CV into the S/L/M jack.
- Bass/Alto/Treble - The range switch offsets the pitch by two octaves in Alto mode and four octaves in Treble mode relative to Bass mode. This setting can be controlled by CV in the B/A/T jack.
- Trigger - The trigger input triggers the start of a drum sound. It is a rising-edge trigger which has a threshold of around 3 V.
- Hit - The Hit switch allows one to manually trigger Basimilus Iteritas Alter.
- Out - The output is a low-impedance audio source. the output varies significantly based on the parameterization as compensation for loudness occurs.
|Maximum Depth||1.5 in|
|Module Slot Count||10hp|
|Connector Type||3.5 mm|
|Power Consumption||+150 mA/-5 mA|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Noise Engineering Basimilus Iteritas Alter - Silver.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields