Neve 8424 24-Channel Analog Console
Versatile, powerful desk featuring the legendary 80-series Neve sound, 4 groups, 24 channel faders
With the release of the Neve 8424 Recording and Mixing Console, the storied pro audio brand is once again bringing together the best of analog and digital technology. This 24-channel analog console has been designed to be the centerpiece of a hybrid studio and bring the feel of a large-format desk into a modern-day workflow.
The 8424 incorporates 60 years of Neve analog circuit design and revives the beloved 80 Series console sound. The desk's set-up features a classic console master section in the middle with 16 input channels to the left side and eight additional channels on the right-hand side.
Each channel of the Neve 8424 features dual-channel inputs for 24 switchable channel inserts and up to 48 mono signals at once via a third channel strip input. The desk gets its signature Neve sound by using the classic Marinair transformers on Mix, AFL, and Cue bus.
Also featured on-board the Neve 8424 are two handcrafted 1073 preamps that meet the specs of the original design. The Neve 1073 is one of the most beloved mic pres in recording history and is known for its thick, warm, mid-forward presence and smooth top end. The 1073s can be hard patched to any channel of the 8424 console. Below each 1073 are DI inputs with Smart Routing.
For 500 Series fans, the 8424 features two open slots to incorporate any 500 Series modules that you may desire. These 500 Series modules can be routed to mono sub-group inserts, Stereo Master Inserts, the 1073 mic pres, and the two DI inputs.
Another way Neve is incorporating modern technology within the 8424 is the Recall Store System. Many engineers who have been around the studio for years will lament the process of recalling settings for a session on an analog desk. The 8424 features an internal Recall feature that allows engineers to save and load console settings, including switch selections, fader positions, and hard pots.
For classic console lovers and hybrid studio owners, the Neve 8424 will be the perfect addition to any recording or mixing facility. This console will act as an intuitive and versatile centerpiece that connects together your analog outboard gear and instruments to the digital world of your DAW and plug-in software.
- Dual channel line inputs
- 24 switchable channel inserts
- Mix up to 48 mono signals at once via third channel strip input
- Marinair Transformers on Mix, AFL, CUE bus for true Neve voltage mixing
- 80-Series Neve sound in a compact frame
- Dual 1073 preamps with smart routing
- DI inputs with Smart Routing
- Inline console capability
- 3 Mono auxes, 1 stereo cue and 2 stereo reverb returns
- Pre/post fade direct outputs
- 4 group busses with 2-band shelving EQ, direct outputs and switchable pre/post fade insert
- Two 500 series slots for internal expansion options
- Large format console center section
- Stereo mix bus with 2 band stereo EQ,
- Stereo Width function, pre/post fade insert
- Stereo VU Metering selectable for all mix busses loudspeaker outputs
- Dual Cue system
- Three-way talkback system
- Comprehensive solo system with SIP, AFL & PFL modes
- Stereo external, Mixbus Inject and 3.5 mm TRS iPhone external inputs
- Internal Snapshot system
- Save/Load/Recall all console settings for multiple sessions
- Simple connectivity via a combination of TRS/XLR and 25-way D-Type connectors
|Input Connectors||1/4-inch TRS, Analog DB25, Analog XLR|
|Output Connectors||1/4-inch TRS, Analog DB25, Analog XLR|
|Number of Buses||4|
|Number of Aux Sends||3|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Neve 8424 24-Channel Analog Console.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields