Neve 1081 CH Microphone Preamp/EQ - Horizontal
Designed in 1972, the Neve 1081 was originally conceived as a combined mic/line preamp and equalizer section for the Neve modular consoles. A glance through the credits on today’s platinum-selling albums reveals that these vintage consoles are still widely used to great effect, confirming the 1081’s status as a truly classic component in a recording front-end or mixing environment. We are still hand-building 1081 modules in Burnley, UK much the same way as the original modules, using the original components, hand-wound transformers, and time-honed construction methods.
The 1081 provides remarkable sensitivity, fast and musical response to transients, plus inimitable Neve equalization featuring effective high- and low-pass filters designed to separate unwanted signal outside the passband. This gives users a flexible tool with which to shape new sounds and control any part of the audio spectrum. The curves and slopes have been carefully tailored to enable users to exercise maximum technical and artistic skill.
Over three decades of engineers have found the 1081 an indispensable tool for recording and mixing drums, bass and percussion. As with all Neve outboard gear, users are assured the highest quality signal acquisition, thanks to uncompromising Class AB circuitry, hand-wound Neve-designed transformers, and unrivaled attention to every last component and construction detail.
- Legendary Neve microphone preamp and equalizer design (Class A)
- Hand-built and wired precisely to original 1972 specifications
- 5 switchable EQ bands
- HP and LP selectable filters (18 dB per octave)
- Separate 48V phantom power supply
- Solo button selects channel unbalanced output
- Neve-designed hand-wound transformers
- Both inputs transformer-balanced and earth free
- Microphone Input: Gain +80 dB to +10 dB in 5 dB steps
- Line Input: Gain +20 dB to -10 dB in 5 dB steps
- Output: Maximum output >+26 dBu into 600 Ohms; Output impedance 75 Ohms @1 kHz
- Distortion: Not more than 0.07% at +20 dBu output
- Freq Response: ±0.5 dB 20 Hz to 20 kHz, -3 dB at 45 kHz EQ out
- Output noise better than -80 dB at all line levels
|Tube or Solid State||Solid State|
|Module Type||1081 / 1064|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Neve 1081 CH Microphone Preamp/EQ - Horizontal.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields