Neve 1073DPX Dual Microphone Preamp/EQ
Launched in 1970, the Neve 1073 Classic soon became the first choice mic preamp for leading producers and artists. Found on some of the most famous recordings of the past 40 years, the big, punchy sound of the 1073 complements any musical genre – from rock to rap to classical. The quality is legendary. Designed and built in England, the modern-day Neve 1073DPX is produced to the exact specifications of the original with matched components to ensure the sound remains true.
The 1073DPX has two channels of Neve 1073 Class A design microphone preamplifiers, each with 3-band EQ (fixed HF plus two switchable bands with cut/boost capability) and high pass filter. The Neve 1073DPX mic pre and EQ combination adds warmth and depth to recordings, brings out subtle ambience, maintains spatial positioning, and captures a more precise image – embodying, think many engineers and producers, the essence of the genuine Neve sound. Building on the 1073 classic module features, the 1073DPX introduces extra functionality with integrated DI input, phantom power, selectable Insert feature, level meters, selectable headphone monitoring and I/O connectors on each channel for easy and direct connection of microphones and instruments. The 19” rack-mount 2U unit includes an external multi-voltage PSU.
- 2 independent, genuine Neve 1073 transformer-coupled microphone preamplifier/EQ circuits, in a single 2U 19" rack mount enclosure
- Exclusive Neve Marinair transformers used on each input and output stage
- Convenient connections for Mic, Line & DI inputs on front of unit, with switchable mic/line input connections on the rear of the unit
- Switchable +48 V Phantom Power, Hi/Lo impedance, -20 dB pad and DI ground lift on the input stage
- Switchable Phase, and EQ in/out
- Insert Send and Return loop feature allows external equipment to be connected easily to the 1073DPX audio chain, such as mono/stereo limiter/compressors;
- Pre-EQ insert send/return - a line level send is available from the mic - pre amp output stage and a return just before the EQ stage
- Post-EQ insert send/return - a line level output send is available from the post EQ stage and a return just before the main output stage
- Independent channel output level controls
- 7-stage LED signal level meters for each channel - can show mic/line/DI input-stage level, EQ-stage level or output-stage level up to +24 dB
- Headphone output with adjustable volume control, can listen to channel 1, channel 2 or both channels combined
- External multi-voltage PSU
I love this preamp! Everything sounds better when it goes through the 1073. Obviously, it is a great preamp, but I have also been using it as a ProTools insert to put some of that fabulous Eq on tracks that were recorded elsewhere.
I have a pair of vintage 1073 modules and three of these1073 DPXs..... I'M NOT STOPPING THERE!!!!!!!
If you are reading this just buy it!! Seriously! Too good
Starchy switches but sounds amazing !!!
Love this so much. An instant hit in the home studio!
Great sounding microphone preamps with versatile function of applications! DI input for bass guitar is sounding so good as well.
The great preamps, I would highly recommend it. They sound excellent on any sources, DI is good for any electrical guitar and bass. The Vintage King team is the best to work with, I am very pleased with the 1073DPX and the service.
Amazing sounding piece. Always great when it comes from NEVE.
* Required Fields
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Neve 1073DPX Dual Microphone Preamp/EQ.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields