Moog Mavis Monophonic Semi-Modular Analog Synthesizer
Monophonic analog synthesizer with patchable modular utilities for conversion to a 24-point CV-controllable module (44HP) ready to be installed into any Eurorack setup or Moog semi-modular system
If you’re looking for the perfect entry point into the world of modular synthesis, the Moog Mavis might be just what you need. Mavis is a semi-modular analog synth that you assemble yourself, giving you iconic Moog sound and an introduction to electronics and synthesis, all while saving you money because you built it yourself. In just an afternoon, you can have a genuine Moog analog synth in your hands, and—just as importantly—the knowledge to get the most out of it.
Compared to other Moog synths, Mavis is a fairly stripped-down instrument, but it punches far above its weight with rich analog sound and tons of flexibility in a desktop-sized box. The single main oscillator lets you blend between square and sawtooth waves and provides several modulation options to alter the sound. The filter, envelope and amplifier sections give you even more options for tweaking, while a low-frequency oscillator (LFO) provides rhythmic modulation and can even be used as a second oscillator. The cherry on top is Mavis’ wavefolder, a unique circuit that morphs any sound that goes into it (including external inputs) by “folding” the signal in on itself.
As a semi-modular synth, Mavis combines the limitless possibilities of modular equipment with the ease of use of an all-in-one synth. The 24 patch points on the left side provide access to each of the aforementioned sections, plus control voltage (CV) inputs for external keyboards and sequencers, a simple mixer and more. However, you don’t need any of that to start playing—this Moog analog synth has a default signal routing built in, so you don’t need a single patch cable to start twisting knobs. The basic 12-button “keyboard” is great for auditioning sounds or playing simple melodies and basslines.
Since Mavis comes as a kit you assemble yourself, it saves you money while teaching you the fundamentals of electronics and analog synthesis. The components and instructions are very straightforward, so you don’t need any electronics experience—this is a kit after all, not a DIY project. The printed circuit board (PCB) is fully pre-wired, so there’s no soldering required and you can rest assured everything will work and sound as Moog intended. All you have to do is install the PCB in the chassis, attach the knobs and a few other parts, and you’re ready to start making patches. Mavis even includes a set of patch cables and a translucent plastic cover to preserve your settings on the go (or protect it from your cats). So don’t wait! Order your own Moog Mavis here at Vintage King today!
- 24-Point Patch Bay: Mavis is eager to play along with other voltage-controlled devices (especially with Moog’s other semi-modular instruments: Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch). Its useful collection of utilities and flexible control voltage routing allows for intricate dialogue between them
- Full Range Analog Oscillator: Mavis’s Voltage Controlled Oscillator (VCO) with pulse-width modulation (PWM), waveform mixing, and mod source mixing delivers rich harmonic character and motion
- Voltage Controlled Filter: Sculpt your sound with the -24 dB Moog Low Pass Ladder Filter, delivering the sonic power behind the distinct sounds of Moog basslines and leads
- Audio Rate LFO and 4-Stage Envelope Generator: Mavis uses crossfaders in its modulation routing instead of switches, allowing you to blend between a variable shape LFO and 4-stage envelope generator for interesting and unusual modulation contours
- Wavefolding and Modular Utilities: Mavis features Moog’s first-ever wavefolding circuit, allowing for additive synthesis to sit alongside traditional subtractive synthesis, unlocking sounds not heard from a Moog before
- Broad modular utility section complete with attenuators, offsets, mults, and a flexible DC-coupled mixer providing the tools needed for creative patching and sound design
- Patchable Sample and Hold (S+H) Circuit: This circuit generates a random CV pattern that can be patched to modulate other parameters, including setting Mavis into a “random sequencing” mode of performance
- Protective Cover: Mavis includes a fitted protective cover for use during studio downtime or taking the instrument on-the-go
|Analog or Digital||Analog|
|Module Slot Count||44hp|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Moog Mavis Monophonic Semi-Modular Analog Synthesizer.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields