Mojave Audio MA-101fet – No Longer Available
The Mojave Audio MA-101fet is a small diaphragm, solid-state condenser microphone with interchangeable cardioid and omnidirectional capsules. Designed by renowned microphone designer David Royer, the MA101fet combines the features of two of Mojave Audio's popular models - the cardioid and omnidirectional capsules from the MA-100 with the electronics from the MA-201fet. New to the MA-101fet is an internally switchable -15dB pad, increasing the headroom to an ear shattering 135dB SPL. This makes the MA-101fet suitable for everything from capturing the subtle nuances of acoustic instruments to the loudest of electric guitars and drums - great for location recording, too.
Featuring hand selected, three-micron cardioid and omni capsules, a high quality Jensen audio transformer and military-grade FET and custom designed low noise resistors; the MA-101fet is designed to offer excellent performance for a wide variety of applications. Each MA-101fet microphone is carefully tested and evaluated, then packaged in its protective case.
- Interchangeable cardioid and omnidirectional hand-selected 3-micron capsules
- Internally switchable -15dB attenuator
- Jensen audio transformer
- Military-grade FET
- Custom designed low-noise resistors
- Ultra clean signal path
- Acoustic instruments
- Location recording
- High SPL sources, such as kick drums and bass guitar amps
- Electric guitars
- Snare drums, toms, drum overheads
- Capsules: Interchangeable cardioid and omnidirectional
- Diaphragm: .8" (20.5 mm) diameter
- Diaphragm thickness: 3-micron
- Frequency response: 30 Hz - 18 kHz +/- 2.5 dB
- Sensitivity: -39 dB re.1V/pa +/- 1.5 dB
- Maximum SPL: 125 dB pad off, 140dB pad on.
- Distortion: <1% @ 120dB pad off, <1 % @ 135dB pad on
- Self noise: 14 dB nominal, not to exceed 16 dB (A weighted)
- Impedance: 550 ohms, transformer balanced (Jensen)
- Power requirements: 48VDC phantom power; .68 mA wall current
|Package Contents||Mic clip, case, cardioid and omni capsules|
|Unit Weight||0.5 lb|
|Tube or Solid State||Solid State|
|Polar Pattern||Cardioid, Omni-Directional|
|Number of Microphones||Single Microphone|
|Impedance||550 Ohms, transformer balanced (Jensen)|
|Frequency Range||20 Hz - 20 kHz ±2.5 dB|
|Sensitivity||-39 dBV/Pa ± 1.5 dB (11.2 mV)|
|Max. SPL||125 dB; 140 dB with pad|
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields
Please fill out the form below and, when Mojave Audio MA-101fet becomes available, a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you.