Mojave Audio MA-1000 Multi-Pattern Tube Condenser Microphone – No Longer Available
Drawing inspiration from some of yesterday’s most revered microphones, Technical Grammy® award winning microphone designer David Royer has created a thoroughly modern tube microphone that features an original new old-stock 5840 tube, 251-style capsule, and custom designed transformer built by Coast Magnetics. The result? A sweet, airy top end, ‘you-are-there’ realism in the mids and an accurate yet authoritative bottom end. The Signature Series has been exhaustively field tested against microphones often costing $20K or more – universally evoking the same ‘Wow’ response usually reserved for only the most prized vintage mics. Push up the fader and say ‘Ahhh!’ With performance, reliability, and quality like this, we are sure you’ll agree that the Mojave Audio MA-1000 is a New American Classic.
- Original new old-stock 5840 tube
- 251-style capsule
- Custom designed transformer by Coast Magnetics
- Remotely controlled, continuously variable polar pattern selector, located on power supply
- Switchable 15dB pad
- Switchable Bass Roll-off
- Internal switchable power supply voltage
- American Classic Design
- Comes with Sling-Shock® licenced from Royer Labs
- Premium Cable made with Mogami Cable and Neutrik connectors
- Vocals and Voice-overs
- Acoustic Instruments
- Drum Overheads, Drum Rooms
- Orchestral Recording
- Choral Recording
- TRANSDUCER TYPE: Externally polarized, pressure gradient capacitor - double diaphragm.
- DIAPHRAGM: 1-inch diameter, gold sputtered
- DIAPHRAGM THICKNESS: 3-microns
- POLAR PATTERN: Continuously variable from omnidirectional to figure-eight.
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: Bass cut switch provides 6 dB per octave attenuation below
- 100 Hertz in "cut" setting
- SENSITIVITY: Omni -37.5 dB, Cardioid -36.0 dB, Figure-8 -34.0 dB re. 1V/pa
- MAXIMUM SPL: 120 dB with pad off, 135 dB with pad on.
- DISTORTION: < 1% @ 117 dB SPL , < 3% @ 125 dB SPL with pad off; < 1% @ 132 dB SPL, < 3% @ 140 dB SPL with pad on
- SELF NOISE: 14dB nominal, not to exceed 16dB (A weighted)
- PAD: 15 dB
- BASS CUT: 6 dB per octave below 100 hertz.
- IMPEDANCE: 200 Ω
- POWER REQUIREMENT: 6 VDC @ 150 mA. 125 VDC @ .7 mA
- (from dedicated power supply)
- DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT:
- Carrying case with microphone, power supply, shock mount and cables: 13 lbs. (5.9Kg)
- Microphone: 7 5/8” X 2” (194mm x 51mm), 1 lb. (0.45Kg)
|Package Contents||Premium 7-pin mic cable, PSU, power cable, Sling Shock, mic box, case|
|Unit Weight||1 lb|
|Tube or Solid State||Tube|
|Polar Pattern||Bi-Directional / Figure-Eight, Cardioid, Omni-Directional|
|Number of Microphones||Single Microphone|
|Impedance||200 Ohms, transformer balanced (Coast)|
|Frequency Range||20 Hz - 20 kHz ±3 dB|
|Filters||6 dB/oct @ 100 Hz|
|Sensitivity||Cardioid: -36 dBV/Pa (15.8 mV) / Omni: -37.5 dBV/Pa (13.3 mV) / Bi: -34 dBV/pa (20 mV)|
|Max. SPL||120 dB; 135 dB with pad|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Mojave Audio MA-1000 Multi-Pattern Tube Condenser Microphone.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields