Modal Electronics SKULPTsynth SE 4-Voice Virtual-Analog Synthesizer
Powerful 4-voice desktop performance synthesizer with a unique 32-oscillator virtual analog sound engine and a portable and lightweight design
The Modal Electronics SKULPTsynth SE is a powerful portable performance synthesizer that allows musicians to perform and compose anywhere. This lightweight USB or battery-powered synthesizer features a unique 32-oscillator virtual analog sound engine. Its mighty synth architecture features 2 WAVE groups, incorporating four oscillators per voice, a morphable 2-Pole resonant Filter plus a comprehensive 12-slot modulation matrix and digital effects.
The integrated Arp and 256-note Sequencer allows to play rhythmic patterns and melodies automatically. SKULPT supports MPE for next-generation expressive performances. Musicians, DJs and producers find 128 exciting preset sounds to start their synth adventure right out of the box. The free MODALapp and MODALplugin for all primary computer and mobile platforms integrates easily with any VST3 and AU compatible recording environment.
Two WAVE groups per voice with four oscillators each provide profound hands-on control over the sound and sweep smoothly between sine, triangle, saw, square, PWM and Noise sources. Additional oscillator modulation using FM, Ring Modulation or the hugely powerful onboard LFOs unveil an unmatched potential for sound customization. The state-variable 2-pole filters morph from low pass through to bandpass and through to high pass. With its resonance feature, it picks out rich harmonics at high resonance levels.
Three dedicated envelopes for the filter, amp and modulation give excessive control of the dynamics and expression. The available 2 LFOs, one global and one polyphonic can be synced to internal or external tempo. The polyphonic LFO also syncs to a division of the played notes' fundamental frequency for both brutal and subtle sound modulation.
SKULPT SE supports MPE and offers musicians creative new musical ways to model sounds with your fingertips. Connect your MPE compatible MIDI controller and endeavor next-generation expressive sound articulations only possible with a real instrument like SKULPT SE.
SKULPT SE incorporates a deceptively capable real-time sequencer onboard. It is pretty easy to capture performances, quantize, loop & hold them, and capture four lanes of Animation on the fly – this alone introduces some crazy modulation possibilities and is key to getting to know this synthesizer.
This, coupled with the adaptable onboard arpeggiator, chord and transpose functions, open an entire new world for complex and exciting synth sounds.
A built-in distortion (waveshaping overdrive) and delay effects add character and depth to the signal. The distortion delivers interesting overtone textures from subtitle to heavy overdrive. The delay effect injects expressive complexity from short slap-backs, and room-style reverb sounds to long overlaying or psychedelic echoes using the sequencer animation. To create chorusing and other time-based effects, the delay can be modulated. Internal or external sync generate rhythmic interaction with the tempo of a track.
SKULPT SE comes with a comprehensive set of connections to power and control the synth using USB, monitor with headphones or using the dedicated line output, sync with external gear thanks to its full size MIDI in and out or the 3.5 mm sync in or outputs. The Global Tune Setting ensures a perfect integration into mixed setups with other, less accommodating equipment in studio and live applications, like analog synthesizers or DJ turntables, which tend to be less precise in tuning. Expanding the sound of SKULPTsynth SE is possible by poly chaining up to 4 units for a total of 16 voices and 128 oscillators.
The free MODALapp brings the comfort of screen-based editing on your computer or mobile device. Available as a standalone app for macOS, Windows, iOS, iPadOS or Android systems and in VST3 and AU plug-in formats it is the perfect companion for synth enthusiasts looking to deep-dive to all sound forming and performance parameters to create their own signature sounds.
- Four voices virtual-analog
- 32 oscillators, 32 oscillators, 8 per voice, split into 2 WAVE groups
- Individual waveform morphing for WAVE group
- Available waveforms WAVE 1: Sine - Triangle - Saw - Square – PWM
- Available waveforms WAVE 2: Sine - Triangle - Saw - Square –Noise
- Multi option Unison/spread to detune the 32 oscillators for massive sounds
- FM, PWM, tuning and Ring Modulation options
- Mixer section for WAVE levels
- Analog-style morphing 2-pole filter with resonance
- Seamless morphing from lowpass, through bandpass, to highpass
- 3x envelope generators for Filter, Amplitude and Modulation
- 2x audio rate LFOs, one global and one polyphonic
- 8-slot modulation matrix with eight sources and 37 destinations
SEQUENCER AND ARPEGGIATOR:
- Realtime sequencer that will record up to 256 notes and up to 4 parameters of Animation
- Fully-featured arpeggiator with division, direction, octave, bipolar swing and sustain controls
- Distortion (waveshaping overdrive)
- Stereo Delay with modulation, sync to internal and external tempo sources
- 128 sound memory locations
- 64 sequence memory locations
CONTROLS AND PERFORMANCE:
- 16-key touch MIDI keyboard
- 14 endless encoders and 13 buttons to access synth parameters for sound programming and real-time tweaks while performing
- Compatible with MPE enabled MIDI controllers for expressive performance articulations
- Monophonic, Duophonic and Polyphonic play modes available
|Unit Weight||1.2 lb|
|Input Connectors||3.5 mm TRS|
|Output Connectors||3.5 mm TRS|
|MIDI Connections||In, Out|
|Analog or Digital||Digital|
|Number of Keys||16|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Modal Electronics SKULPTsynth SE 4-Voice Virtual-Analog Synthesizer.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields