Millennia STT-1 (Used) – No Longer Available
- Twin Mic Preamps — M-2B vacuum tube or HV-3 discrete solid state
- Twin NSEQ-2 Mastering-Grade Parametric Eqs — vacuum tube or discrete solid state
- Three Opto Compressor/Limiter Paths — TCL vacuum tube, discrete solid state, passive
- Twin Opto De-Esser Paths — vacuum tube or discrete solid state
- Vacuum tube or discrete solid state line level paths
- Input coupling with or without MIT-01 audio transformer
- 1/4” vacuum tube DI input — route via tube or solid state gain path
- Effortless, lifelike musical performance at all levels
- Musically rich vacuum tubes available
- Gold audio connectors, tube sockets, relays and switches
- 3/8“ thick radius extruded aluminum face plate
- Durable black mirror-gloss anodized finish
- Mil spec 16 gauge cold-rolled steel chassis
- Ultra-clean toroid power supply: internal sub-chassis
- Hand machined aluminum knobs, illuminated IT&T pushbuttons
- Mogami Neglex OFC audio wiring
- Silver Teflon power wiring
- True audio VU meter for output level or dynamics gain reduction
The ORIGIN® STT-1 (tm) is a single channel music recording system offering a selection of Millennia's core vacuum tube or solid state circuits, including mic preamps, line input with gain, opto-compressor/limiters, parametric equalizers, DI instrument input with gain, and opto-inductive de-essers.
Virtually every audio function is available with 100% Class A, all-discrete J-FET solid state topology or 100% Class A, all triode vacuum tube topology, each topology selectable with the touch of a button. The Origin also offers a choice of colorful transformer-coupled or transformerless audio paths, all switch selectable. Audio transformers provide an extra layer of "preamp personality" ~ what we call Presonality.
ORIGIN has been called the Mambo Combo* of all-in-one recording channels and could very quickly become among the only front-end analog paths you'll ever need. With 134 different product combinations in one 2U rack chassis, and the associated range of sonic possibilities, STT-1 is designed for the producer/engineer/musician who doesn't have large blocks of time to spend patching and repatching racks of analog front-end gear trying to achieve "that sound." Now, in one chassis, it's possible to easily and quickly patch Class-A vacuum tube equipment with Class A discrete solid state equipment, transformer-coupling and non-transformer coupling, various inputs and outputs; it's all here in one compact chassis. The STT-1 vastly expands the range of every artist's sonic palette at a price/performance level previously unknown in professional audio.
For example, select the transformerless M-2 vacuum tube mic preamp feeding the NSEQ discrete solid state parametric EQ. Or select the transformerless solid state line level input feeding the vacuum tube gain amplifier, routed into the vacuum tube TCL compressor and vacuum tube NSEQ parametric EQ. Or plug an electronic instrument (guitar, bass, etc..) into the vacuum tube DI input and feed this to the solid state gain amplifier, and compress it with the TCL solid state opto-compressor. Or use the acclaimed HV-3 solid state mic amplifier, the choice of top audio professionals worldwide, routed via transformer-coupling to both the direct mic preamp output and NSEQ solid state parametric EQ and solid state de-essing circuits.
To select the tube mic preamp, tube line input gain stage, tube EQ, tube compressor/limiter, or tube de-esser, simply press the appropriate front panel switch(es). To use the solid-state mic preamp, s/s line input gain stage, s/s EQ, s/s compressor/limiter, or s/s de-esser, press the switch(es) again. Twin Topology! To use the input transformer, press the associated switch. For transformerless operation, press the switch again. All circuit topologies are designed to deliver a musical optimization of their inherent character.
|Condition||Used / Vintage|
|Tube or Solid State||Tube/Solid State Hybrid|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Millennia STT-1 (Used).
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields