Meyer Sound Galileo GALAXY 816-AES3 Network Platform
The Meyer Sound Galileo GALAXY 816-AES3 Network Platform is an audio processing and loudspeaker management tool that offers comprehensive control of Meyer Sound loudspeaker systems. Leveraging open-source AVB technology along with powerful audio processing, GALAXY processors provide complete system management in one platform, making it an ideal choice for a full range of applications from touring to installs.
The GALAXY 816-AES3 processor is Milan certified, providing plug-and-play network interoperability with other Milan-certified devices via AAF and CRF AVB streams. Milan certification guarantees all Milan audio over the AVB network will arrive on-time with a fixed latency. Milan AVB reserves network bandwidth which cannot be preempted by other network traffic. Milan-certified GALAXY processors support the specified network redundancy, guaranteeing interoperability with other Milan devices.
Users can control the GALAXY 816-AES3 processor using Compass Control Software (hosted on a Mac or PC) or via the Compass Go iPad App. Compass Control Software provides a complete toolkit for audio routing, system optimization, processing, and monitoring. Its Product Integration feature ensures the phase characteristics of different loudspeaker models are matched when they are combined in the same system, providing the most coherent summation possible.
The GALAXY 816-AES3 processor features a 96 kHz audio processing sample rate, and A/D and D/A converters are 24 bits/96 kHz. Processing tools for inputs include gain, delay, 5-band parametric EQ, and 5-band U-Shaping EQ. Output processing tools include gain, delay, polarity reversal, 10-band parametric EQ, 5-band U-Shaping EQ, Low-Mid Beam Control (LMBC), atmospheric correction, and simultaneous high and low-pass filters. Built-in summing and delay matrices allow users to easily assign gain and delay values at each routing cross point, enabling any single loudspeaker to serve as an output for multiple, independently processed input signals.
The rear panel includes two SIM bus ports for direct connection to Meyer Sound’s SIM audio analyzer, allowing the GALAXY 816-AES3 processor to function as a line switcher for the analyzer. With this capability, users can take measurements from any selection of GALAXY 816-AES3 processor inputs and outputs without patching beyond a single connection to SIM.
- Complete system control, optimization, and monitoring with Compass Control Software for Mac and Windows-based computers
- Mobile system control, optimization, and monitoring with the iPad Compass Go App
- 5-band U-shaping on inputs and outputs
- 5-band parametric EQ on inputs and 10-band parametric EQ on outputs
- High/low pass filters with slopes up to 48 dB per octave
- Fixed low latency system
- Optional asynchronous sample rate converters for AES3 inputs
- Cross point delay and summing matrix
- Low-Mid Beam Control
- Atmospheric correction filters
- Interoperability with other Milan-certified third party hardware, which includes support for redundant AVB networks (allowing for fail-over without audio interruption), communication of AVB timing data and audio signals via AAF packets (AVTP Audio Format), and communication of AVB clock signals via CRF packets (Clock Reference Format)
- Ability to synchronize multiple AVB signals across multiple GALAXY processors
- Selectable input and output voltage scaling make it compatible with most consoles
- Integrates with the SIM Audio Analyzer System
- User-selectable AVB output points for routing measurement signals to other calibration tools
- Access protection policies can restrict the GALAXY processor settings accessible to each operator
- Easily integrates with third-party controllers, such as AMX and Crestron
|Package Contents||Meyer Sound Galileo GALAXY 816-AES3 Network Platform|
|Unit Weight||16.8 lb|
|Input Connectors||AES/EBU XLR, Analog XLR|
|Output Connectors||AES/EBU XLR, Analog XLR|
|Number of Inputs||8|
|Number of Outputs||16|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Meyer Sound Galileo GALAXY 816-AES3 Network Platform.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields