Manley Mono Mic Pre – No Longer Available
The Manley Mono Mic Pres are available in two-channel or Mono channel versions, both selectable 40 to 60 dB of gain in precise 5 dB steps. These are primarily intended for use with modern capacitor (condenser) microphones.
Both models are built in thoroughly modern cases with extruded aluminum sides and easily removable top and bottom access covers. Our handsome 1/4" thick CNC milled front panels contain an engraved-for-a-lifetime inlaid insert machined to jewelers' standards. Each unit is also supplied with a 0-volt to chassis strap on the rear panel enabling star-grounding to a single point when installed in a metal rack. Tube complements are common to both models, 1 x military five-star 6072A hand-selected for lowest noise, and 1 x 6414 for each high-current output stage, with the 60 dB version having an additional 12AU7A gain stage. Each unit is pains-takingly hand wired using silver solder and audiophile-grade componentry. Double shielded custom-built power transformers and custom-built high capacity reservoir capacitors demonstrate our modern power supply design approach.
Perennial shoot-out winners, our single-ended preamp designs have become favorites among top engineers and home recorders alike looking for that rich Manley sound with the tight bass and the top end that goes on forever, which begs to go direct to tape.
- Manley all tube microphone preamplifiers
- Manley input & output transformers with nickel laminations in mu-metal cases
- Flat frequency response from 10Hz-60KHz
- Mic input PHASE REVERSE switch
- 2400 ohm mic input Z; 48V phantom power built-in
- Hi-Z (100Kohm) 1/4" DIRECT INPUT
- Noiseless conductive plastic INPUT attenuators
- <0.05% THD @ 1Khz S/N ratio: 80dB
- EIN: -125dB
- Adjustable FEEDBACK / GAIN switch selects 5dB steps between 40 to 60 dB of gain
- Hi-current drive <50 ohm LO-Z 1/4" & XLR outputs
- AUTO MUTE w/ warm-up delay for power up/down
- Max. input (with input pad fully open): 450mV
- Max. output: +32dBu
- Max. output (into 600 ohm load): (+15dBm)
- Power consumption (120/240VAC): 18/36 watts
- Dimensions: 19" x 1 3/4" x 10" (occupies 1u)
|Tube or Solid State||Tube|
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields
Please fill out the form below and, when Manley Mono Mic Pre becomes available, a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you.