Manley ELOP Limiter – No Longer Available
The Manley ELOP electro-optical limiter is designed to make your life easy - in signature Manley-quality fashion. Employing a similar principle as the older Teletronix and Urei LA-2A, LA-3, and LA-4 units, the Manley ELOP shines a Light Emitting Dioide onto a Light Dependent Resistor, but features modern VACTROL technology, so you get sample-to-sample tracking and no high-frequency loss when deep limiting, which are problems associated with other opto-type limiters. Featuring Manley's premium tube design and an extremely quick attack, you can use the Manley ELOP in dual-mono or stereo.
Manley ELOP Electro-optical Limiter at a Glance:
- Electro-optical design similar to the LA-2A's with modern advancements
- Quick attack for tracking vocals or instruments plus Stereo Link
- Sidechain highpass filter, switchable between 100Hz or 200Hz
Electro-optical design similar to the LA-2A's with modern advancements
Like the Teletronix and Urei LA-2A, AL-3, and LA-4 limiters, the ELOP features an electro-optical design. An LED (Light Emitting Diode) is shone onto an LDR (Light Dependent Resistor), and the combination acts as a changing voltage divider to attenuate the signal. Yet, the ELOP features modern VACTROL technology, delivering sample-to-sample tracking and no high-frequency loss when deep limiting, problems associated with many other opto-limiters.
Quick attack for tracking vocals or instruments
If you're recording vocals or instruments, doing any live work, or wanting those professional "squashing" effects, the ELOP is an excellent "go-to" limiter. It's easy to use and just does the job. You can also run each channel of the ELOP separately, or switch it to Stereo link mode.
Sidechain highpass filter, switchable between 100Hz or 200Hz
Manley added a useful sidechain highpass filter to the ELOP that's switchable between 100Hz and 200Hz. When engaged, you can easily toggle the switch, so that the ELOP doesn't just respond to the pronounced bass lines in the music - especially useful for limiting electronic and hip hop styles.
- All-tube audio path 12AU7WA + 6414 per channel
- Unbalanced 1/4" inputs and outputs
- Balanced transformer coupled XLR inputs and outputs
- High-current drive <50 ohm 1/4" & XLR outputs
- Silent conductive plastic input attenuators
- Max. Gain Reduction 22dB
- Attack time: 10mS for 6dB GR
- Release: 2.5 seconds for 6dB GR
- Maximum Input (Bypass through Line Amplifier) +30 dBv (with Limit "IN" the maximum is entirely variable)
- Maximum Output +30 dBv
- Headroom (referenced to +4 dBv) 26 dB
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz to 70 kHz +/- 0.5 dB
- Bypass switches and Automute with warmup delay
- Large iIluminated Sifam VU meters
- Meters switch to read output or reduction
- Stereo link
- Sidechain High-Pass Filter 100Hz or 200Hz
- THD & Noise (1kHz @ +4 dBm): .015%
- Noise Floor (Gain set to minimum): -80 dB Wideband
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 126 dB typical
- Maximum gain: 15 dB
- Power consumption: 40 watts
- Dimensions: 19" x 3 1/2" x 10" (occupies 2RU)
- Shipping weight: 16 lbs.
|Tube or Solid State||Tube|
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields
Please fill out the form below and, when Manley ELOP Limiter becomes available, a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you.