To inquire if this item is available in one of our stores, please call 888.653.1184 or chat with us.
Make Noise Mimeophon Repeater Eurorack Module
The Make Noise Mimeophon is a synthesis module from Make Noise that uses seven color-coded algorithms to create an array of time-based effects, from phasing and flanging to classic delay effects and a fully-functional looper. And with advanced tone-shaping controls and flexible routing, Mimeophon is the ultimate time modulation device.
Inspired by Thomas Edison’s copying machine of the same name, Mimeograph is technically a stereo multi-zone color audio repeater. It uses seven color-coded zones to repeat different selections of audio.
Zones 0 and 1 repeat up to 20 ms of signal to create stuttering and phasing effects, flange, multi-dimensional distortion, and even Karplus-Strong synthesis. Zones 2-4 are for standard delay and echo effects up to 1.3 seconds, while Zones 5-7 are perfect for looping phrases up to 40 seconds long and creating dynamic, evolving soundscapes.
ALWAYS ON REPEAT
Mimeophon features two inputs and two outputs and supports mono and stereo signals. At any given time, the Mimeophon is playing back Repeats from one of a number of color-coded Zones. The Mix control sets the balance between the input signals and the Repeats, while the Rate knob controls the length and frequency of Repeats.
Mimeophon is much more than a simple repeater. It’s also equipped with several controls for adjusting the color and timbre of your audio signal. The Color control emulates the sonic response of a wide range of classic effects, including tape echo, BBD-style delays and early digital delay devices. The Halo control adds stereo depth and space to the echoes by smearing the edges of your signal with reverb.
The Flip button flips the Zone so it is “backwards” and plays repeats in reverse for a psychedelic effect. The Skew button lets you skew the rates of the left and right repeats, making one channel increase in rate while the other channel decrease for a wide, complex stereo image.
- Full Stereo In and Out
- Color Coded Modeless Algorithm: morph between Karplus, Flange, Chorus, Echo, Looping and everything in between
- Rate continuously controls Repeats frequency within Zones
- Skew lets Rate control Repeats differently for Left and Right channels
- uRate offers dedicated Doppler Modulation
- Tempo Sync for Doppler Free modulation of Rate, create complex repeat patterns
- Control number of Repeats up to and beyond Infinite
- Halo smears Repeats in stereo space
- Color focuses feedback energy for timbral shifts over time
- Rate Out generates Pulses at Skewed Tempos, completing the conversation within the modular system
- Zones may be Flipped for backward repeats
- Hold sound for non-destructive modulation of infinite loops
- Fully Voltage Controlled Time, Space and Color modulation algorithm
|Module Slot Count||16hp|
|Connector Type||3.5 mm|
|Power Consumption||100 mA +12 V / 10 -12 V|
I think the mimeoohon is one of my favorite modules ever. Its fun to put "normal" stuff into it as well as weird. I've noticed i get more of a rhythmic feel than I would have imagined when I have the time setting all the way down and the colors one up. I love it. It's amazing what comes out of that thing.
Really powerful delay module. Fast shipping. Highly recommend
* Required Fields
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Make Noise Mimeophon Repeater Eurorack Module.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields