Need to upgrade your server or desktop computer? Don’t want to lose your investment in pricey PCI cards that don’t fit the new computer? You can install practically any PCI card into the Magma PCI Expansion System and connect it to your new or old computer. It is small enough to fit on your desktop and only takes up two spaces when rack-mounted. In addition, Silencer® cooling fans keep cards cool without sounding like a turbo engine.
The Magma 4 Slot PCI Expansion System allows you to plug-in up to four (4) full-sized power-demanding PCI cards and up to four (4) hard drives in the chassis. How else can you add so much power to a 1U server, a small form-factor desktop, or your brand-new laptop?
Save Time, Money and Trouble
Use your high-end PCI cards and vital data wherever you are – without the expense of “buying duplicate cards” or “packing them along in your briefcase” to install in another computer upon arrive. Simply add your PCI cards, and possibly a hard drive or two, to the Magma expansion chassis and then connect the chassis to any host computer (laptop or desktop) using one of a variety of Magma host cards. Yes, even your laptop!
The use of computer specific host cards makes using your unique PCI cards and vital data as simple as “Plug & Play” because all you need to do is to connect the MAGMA PCI Expansion System to the host card for your computer and turn it on. Use the same PCI cards on your laptop as you do on your desktop or server – just add a Magma host card and connect the cable. The auto-switching power supply even allows you to work internationally by simply adding a power cord plug adapter.
Setting up your PCI cards and data in one chassis provides you an opportunity to use a consistent hardware configuration – regardless of what type of computer is available. The MAGMA 4 Slot PCI Expansion System can also be added to your portable ATA road case. Being able to “hit the ground running” is vital to every successful venture. Being able to use “the same PCI cards,” regardless of location also reduces project risks.
Host cards are available for the following systems: (1) Laptop: CardBus or ExpressCard and (2) Desktop/Server: 32 or 64-Bit PCI, or x1 PCI Express.
- Easy Plug and Play installation
- PCI and PCI Express host card provides easy connection to desktop computers and servers
- CardBus and ExpressCard Modules provide connection to your favorite laptop computer
- Includes 1-meter expansion cable
- 4 slot PCI Backplane
- All slots support full-length or shorter universal and legacy 5 volt only PCI cards
- Drive bays for four 3.5" hard disk drives or one 5.25" removable drive and two 3.5" drives
- Silencer® power supply and cooling fans fans eliminates unnecessary noise
- Versatile black enclosure can be rack-mounted or stacked on a tabletop under your computer or monitor
- Only 2U when rack-mounted and brackets are included
- CE certified and FCC Class A verified
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
- RoHS Compliant
- Increase the number of PCI slots without replacing your computer
- Attach full-height PCI cards to computers with low-profile slots or PCI Express slots
- Quiet cooling for hot PCI cards and disk drives
- The only solution for adding mulitple PCI cards to mobile computers
- Multiple expansion systems can be connected to a single computer
- Offers a consistent PCI configuration allowing easy host computer upgrades
- Patented technology provides low latency and high through-put
- Proven Method to increase PCI capability without losing performance
- Non-enclosed board sets are available for OEMs and System Integrators to utilize their own enclosure