Lynx Studio Technology LS-AES for LynxTWO and Lynx L22 – No Longer Available
The Lynx LS-AES and LS-ADAT provide high-performance multi-channel AES/EBU and ADAT connectivity for any Windows or Macintosh based audio or video workstation at sample rates up to 192kHz. Both devices offer a straightforward interface to digital recording and broadcast consoles, multi-channel A/D and D/A converters, and digital tape and hard disk recorders.
The LS-AES provides four inputs and outputs for up to eight I/O channels that support professional AES/EBU and consumer S/PDIF digital I/O formats. Connections are transformer coupled with proquality sample rate conversion (SRC) available on all inputs. The LS-AES is also compatible with Dolby Digital and DTS encoded formats.
Running at a sample rates up to 96 kHz, the LS-AES provides eight I/O channels in single-wire mode and four channels in dual-wire mode. At 192 kHz, four channels of I/O are available in dual-wire mode and two channels in quad-wire mode. For additional channel capacity, two LS-AES cards can be used simultaneously with one LynxTWO or L22.
The LS-AES can handle both asynchronous and synchronous studio configurations. SRC can be enabled independently on each digital input to accommodate asynchronous signals from multiple digital devices Alternatively, all inputs can be run synchronously and any input can be selected as the system clock source. The card can also be synchronized to a word clock or composite video received by the host LynxTWO. The LS-ADAT is a full-function ADAT interface that provides two ADAT lightpipe inputs and outputs and an ADAT Sync In Port. Operating at a sample rate of 48 kHz, the LSADAT I/O channel capacity is 16. Higher sample rates are supported using S/MUX technology: eight channels at 96 kHz and four channels at 192kHz.
Both the LS-AES and LS-ADAT integrate seamlessly with the LynxTWO or L22. Channels from the expansion cards are connected directly to the LynxTWO/Lynx L22 digital mixer. This allows almost unlimited routing capabilities with expansion card I/O's, as well as the analog and digital I/O's of the host LynxTWO or Lynx L22.
Using the LynxTWO/L22 Mixer application, "stand-alone" functions can be configured that place no demand on the host computer. In a LynxTWO system these functions include but are not limited to:
- four-channel, 192 kHz analog-to-AES or analog-to-ADAT converter
- four-channel, 192 kHz AES-to-analog or ADAT-to-analog converter
- eight-channel, 96 kHz analog-to-AES or analog-to-ADAT converter
- eight-channel, 96 kHz AES-to-analog or ADAT-to-analog converter
- eight-channel AES digital patch-bay
- 16-channel ADAT digital patch bay
- AES to ADAT or ADAT to AES format converter (with optional LS-ADAT interface)
- Composite video or word clock to AES or ADAT synchronizer
- Internal card connects via ribbon cable to LynxTWO and Lynx L22 PCI cards
- Four inputs and outputs (stereo) that support AES/EBU and S/PDIF digital I/O formats
- Transformer-coupled balanced XLR connections
- Eight I/O channels at sample rates up to 96 kHz and four I/O channels at 192 kHz
- Support for single-wire, dual-wire, and quad-wire connections
- Pro-quality sample rate conversion at ratios up to 3:1, independently available on each I/O
- Compatible with Dolby Digital and DTS encoded formats
- Two LS-AES cards can be used simultaneously with one LynxTWO or L22
- Supports asynchronous and synchronous studio configuration
- Any input can be selected as the system clock source
- Can be synchronized to word clock or composite video from host LynxTWO or L22
- Installs in an empty bracket position, no PCI slot required
- Includes: LS-AES LStream Ribbon Cable and 6' AES/EBU Breakout Cable
For S/PDIF coaxial connections, the optional Lynx XLR to RCA S/PDIF adapters CBL-XFDR18 and CBL-XMDR18 are required.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields
Please fill out the form below and, when Lynx Studio Technology LS-AES for LynxTWO and Lynx L22 becomes available, a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you.