Lynx Studio Technology LS-ADAT – No Longer Available
The Lynx LS-AES and LS-ADAT provide high-performance multi-channel AES/EBU and ADAT connectivity for any Windows or Macintosh based audio or video workstation at sample rates up to 192kHz. Both devices offer a straightforward interface to digital recording and broadcast consoles, multi-channel A/D and D/A converters, and digital tape and hard disk recorders.
The ADAT Sync In port feeds on-board time code control logic that provides two methods of sample-accurate synchronization. In systems using ASIO compatible audio applications, the LS-AES utilizes Steinberg's ASIO Positioning Protocol for synchronization to ADAT time code. Alternatively, synchronization using the LS-ADAT's cue point capability initiates recording or playback with sample period resolution. The LS-ADAT can also transmit time code via MTC for general compatibility with many applications.
The LS-ADAT offers a wide variety of sample clock synchronizations options. Its sample clock source can be derived from a word clock or composite video received by the LynxTWO. In addition, either lightpipe input or the Sync In port can also be selected as the clock source.
The LS-ADAT integrates seamlessly with the Lynx AES16e, Lynx AES16, LynxTWO or Lynx L22. Channels from the expansion cards are connected directly to the Lynx AES16/LynxTWO/Lynx L22 digital mixer. This allows almost unlimited routing capabilities with expansion card I/O's, as well as the analog and digital I/O's of the host LynxTWO or L22.
Using the Lynx AES16/LynxTWO/L22 Mixer application, "stand-alone" functions can be configured that place no demand on the host computer. In a LynxTWO system these functions include but are not limited to:
- four-channel, 192 kHz analog-to-ADAT converter
- four-channel, 192 kHz ADAT-to-analog converter
- eight-channel, 96 kHz analog-to-ADAT converter
- eight-channel, 96 kHz ADAT-to-analog converter
- 16-channel, 48 kHz analog-to-ADAT converter
- 16-channel, 48 kHz ADAT-to-analog converter
- 16-channel ADAT digital patch bay
- AES to ADAT or ADAT to AES format converter (with optional LS-AES interface)
- Composite video or word clock to AES or ADAT synchronizer
- Internal card connects via ribbon cable to LynxTWO, Lynx L22 and AES16 PCI cards
- Provides 16 ADAT I/O channels at 48 kHz sample rate
- On-board S/MUX technology provides eight I/O channels at 96 kHz and four I/O channels at 192 kHz
- Two methods of sample-accurate synchronization: ASIO Positioning Protocol for ASIO applications and proprietary CuePoint hardware
- MIDI receiver in ADAT Sync In Port accepts machine control
- Automatic translation of ADAT Sync In timecode to MTC
- Wide variety of sample clock synchronizations options: word clock or composite video received by host LynxTWO / L22 / AES16, lightpipe input, or the ADAT Sync In
- Installs in an empty bracket position, no PCI slot required
Includes: LS-ADAT LStream ribbon cable.
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Lynx Studio Technology LS-ADAT.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields