Lewitt LCT 940 Reference Class Tube/FET Condenser Microphone
The Lewitt LCT 940 is a cutting-edge large diaphragm condenser microphone that combines the warm, rich sound of tube mics with the clear, detailed FET sound that Lewitt is renowned for. Choose between pure “TUBE” and “FET” settings or blend both sounds together to create the perfect sonic character for any recording.
TUBE VS FET
Equipped with an authentic dual triode 12AX7 tube, the LCT 940 delivers genuine tube tone with warm mids and smooth highs. But the LCT 940 isn’t just another vintage clone—minimal self-noise and an extended dynamic range make the LCT 940 the perfect blend of vintage and modern.
For a more precise, transparent sound, simply switch over to the FET setting. But the best part of the LCT 940 is that you don’t have to choose between the two—you can dial in the perfect blend of both by mixing the tube and FET settings at any ratio.
The LCT 940 takes precision to a whole new level with an externally polarized dual-diaphragm one-inch capsule. Capture every nuance of your performance with a 3-micron gold-layered diaphragm for unparalleled performance. And with automatic attenuation, clipping history, and four pad settings, you can capture even the loudest, most dynamic performances with no fear.
Choose from nine selectable polar patterns to capture the perfect amount of ambience for any scenario. With options for omni, wide cardioid, cardioid, supercardioid, figure-8 and a variety of hybrid patterns, the LCT 940 offers maximum versatility. Fine tune your tone at the source with four low-cut filter settings or toggle through different polar patterns to audition the perfect settings for every recording.
The LCT 940 includes the LCT 40 SHxx shock mount to reduce unwanted noise from rumbling mic stands. Unlike traditional shock mounts, the LCT 40 SHxx features an open front, which enables you to place the microphone as close to the source as possible to take advantage of the proximity effect when recording amps, vocals and instruments.
The LCT 40 Wx windscreen protects the capsule from moisture when recording vocals, and prevents wind rumble when recording outdoors. The LCT 940 also comes with a sleek leather carrying case to protect it from exposure to dust and humidity. You’ll also receive the power supply remote control unit, a dedicated 11-pin audio cable to connect the LCT 940 to the remote control unit, and a power cable.
- Combines the sonic characterisics of a tube and a FET mic in one single housing for maximum creative freedom and an undisturbed workflow
- Continuously variable switching and merging of tube and FET sound via rotating potentiometer
- 1-inch externally biased, dual-system capsule with ultra-thin , gold-layered low-mass diaphragms combined with a dual triode tube ensures accurate transient response while providing smooth, warm and airy tube sound
- Nine consistant directional characteristics - cardioid, omni-directional, figure-8, broadcardioid, supercardioid and four intermediate patterns - for maximum flexibility in a wide variety of recording applications
- Superior dynamic range of 128 dB-A (Tube) / 135 dB-A (FET) and exceptionally low self-noise of 12 dB-A (Tube) / 8 dB-A (FET) for ear-catching realism and distortion-free sonic depth
- 4-position switchable pre-attenuation pad (0 dB, 6 dB, 12 dB and 18 dB) for handling extremely high sound pressure levels and 4-position high-pass filter
- Illuminated user interface and jog dials for easy handling even in dark environments
- Noiseless pushbuttons for quick and easy attenuation and HPF selection
- Unique features like clipping history and automatic attenuation provide error-free studio recording and unparalleled ease of use
- Solid die-cast metal body with a stylish, oversized tube inspection window specially coated for maximum protection against electromagnetic interference
- Custom PSU 940 power supply unit with sturdy full-metal housing and brushed, anodized black aluminium front
- Extra-large hexagonal ruthenium-galvanized steel mesh grille provides an open acoustic environment and prevents unwanted internal reflections
- Corrosion-resistant gold-plated 3-pin XLR output connector
- Comes in a black carrying case; includes PSU 940 power supply unit with sturdy full-metal housing and milled, anodized black aluminium front, LCT 40 SHxx shock mount, LCT 40 Tr audio cable with gold-plated 11-pin XLR connectors and LCT 40 Wxx windscreen
|Package Contents||Includes PSU 940 power supply unit with sturdy full-metal housing and milled, anodized black aluminum front, LCT 40 SHxx shock mount, LCT 40 Tr audio cable with gold-plated 11-pin XLR connectors and LCT 40 Wxx windscreen|
|Unit Weight||1.45 lb|
|Tube or Solid State||Tube/Solid State Hybrid|
|Polar Pattern||Bi-Directional / Figure-Eight, Cardioid, Omni-Directional, Super-Cardioid, Wide Cardioid|
|Number of Microphones||Single Microphone|
|Impedance||Rated: < 200 Ohms/rated load: > 1 kOhm|
|Frequency Range||20 Hz - 20 kHz|
|input_pad||-6 dB; -12 dB; -18 dB|
|Filters||12 dB/oct @ 40 Hz; 6 dB/oct @ 150 Hz; 6 dB/oct @ 300 Hz|
|Sensitivity||Cardioid: -32.8 dbV/Pa (23 mV) / Omni: -34 dbV/Pa (20 mV) / Bi: -32.8 dBV/Pa (23 mV)|
|Max. SPL||Tube: 140 dB; 146 with -6 dB pad; 152 dB with -12 dB pad; 158 dB with -18 dB pad / FET: 143 dB; 149 dB with -6 dB pad; 155 dB with -12 dB pad; 161 dB with -18 dB pad|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Lewitt LCT 940 Reference Class Tube/FET Condenser Microphone.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields