Lewitt DTP 640 REX Dual Element Capsule
Thanks to variably controlled dual element technology and fine tuned frequency responses, our flagship among drum microphones, the Lewitt DTP 640 REX, offers unparalleled and powerful sound that will delight professional drummers and sound engineers alike. The DTP 640 REX is equipped with a high quality dynamic element and a condenser element – the dynamic element ensures accurate reproduction of the bass drum kick, while the condenser element optimally captures the rich low frequency sound of the drum’s shell. In order to guarantee full control over the two elements, they can be separately mixed on their own channels.
Since 2012, the DTP 640 REX offers two more features. The dynamic element emphasizes frequency ranges relevant for the kick drum in the ‘Dynamic Enhanced Frequency Response’ setting switchable right on the microphone, while the condenser element captures the sound neutrally. With ‘Dual Enhanced Frequency Response’, the character of the sound can be shaped even more individually – with this setting, the condenser element focuses on frequencies from 70 to 150 Hz and delivers a full body sound. The dynamic element provides the necessary power by focusing on the range between 3 and 5 kHz.
The combination of these features with the comprehensive tonal freedom of dual-element technology greatly increases the range of use, turning the DTP 640 REX into a universal tool for bass-heavy applications.
- Innovative dual-element design (dynamic and back-electret condenser) accurately captures the sharp attack of the beater as well as the round tonalities of the shell for unrivaled realism
- 3-position switchable "Enhanced Frequency Response" provides various tailored frequency responses on separate channels for maximum creative freedom
- Frequency response specifically tuned for kick drum applications and bass instruments
- 3-position switchable pre-attenuation pad (0 dB, 10 dB, and 20 dB) for handling extremely high sound pressure levels
- Hardened hexagonal ruthenium-galvanized steel mesh grille to prevent wear and abuse
- Integrated stand adapter for quick and easy mounting and positioning
- Corrosion-resistant gold-plated 5-pin XLR output connector
- Comes in a cardboard box with foam layers; includes DTP 40 Trs cable and DTP 40 Lb artificial leather bag
|Package Contents||Includes DTP 40 Trs cable and DTP 40 Lb artificial leather bag|
|Unit Weight||1.6 lb|
|Tube or Solid State||Solid State|
|Polar Pattern||Cardioid, Super-Cardioid, Wide Cardioid|
|Number of Microphones||Single Microphone|
|Impedance||Dynamic rated: < 500 Ohms / Condenser rated: < 200 Ohms|
|Frequency Range||Dynamic: 20 Hz - 16 kHz / Condenser: 20 Hz - 20 kHz|
|input_pad||-10 dB; -20 dB|
|Sensitivity||-60 dBV/Pa (1 mV)|
|Max. SPL||150 dB; 160 dB with -10 dB pad; 170 dB with -20 dB pad|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Lewitt DTP 640 REX Dual Element Capsule.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields