Klein + Hummel O 410 Active Studio Monitor - Single – No Longer Available
Back in 1967, Klein + Hummel launched the world’s first active multi-channel studio monitor, the OY. The O 410 represents the latest incarnation of the many technologies pioneered by Klein + Hummel during the intervening 40 years. Engineering excellence applied to all aspects of the O 410 design brings a new benchmark in audio reproduction quality. A waveguide featuring Mathematically Modeled Dispersion™ (MMD™), flexible acoustical controls, various input options, and an extensive mounting hardware range allow the O 410 to be used in diverse acoustical conditions, with any source equipment, and in a wide variety of physical locations.
The O 410 has been designed for use as a mid-field or main monitor. It is particularly well-suited for use in music, broadcast, and post production studios for tracking, mixing, and mastering. The O 410 can be used free-standing or flush mounted into a wall, and, in multichannel systems, can be mixed freely with other loudspeakers in the Klein + Hummel range.
Mid Sized Three-Way System -
- The most important part of the frequency spectrum is reproduced by a separate midrange driver
- Extremely low harmonic and intermodulation distortion results in clean sounding audio reproduction
- Exceptionally neutral sound stage from 30 Hz to 24 kHz (±3 dB)
- Ideal cabinet materials with excellent self-damping properties
- Structural resonances avoided using LRIM™ (Low Resonance Integral Molding™)
- Vented enclosure extends bass response, even at very high output
- Modern-looking design with optional grille
- Extensive accessories allow for a multitude of installation possibilities
- Magnetically shielded for use next to CRT screens
Mathematically Modeled Dispersion™ (MMD™) -
- Three stage design process:
- Waveguide is mathematically modeled before physical prototypes are realized,
- Physical prototypes are measured under anechoic conditions to verify theoretical performance,
- Extensive listening tests correlate objective measurements and subjective perception
- Wide horizontal directivity gives increased freedom of movement along the mixing console
- Narrow vertical directivity reduces the effect of early reflections off the console surface
- MMD™ is easily rotated in the field when horizontal mounting the cabinet
- Perfect directivity pattern leads to a smooth power response
Advanced Electronics -
- Transformer balanced input stage (TIM 1) equipped with special distortion reduction crossover function
- Q 16, 24 bit, 20, 216 kHz digital input stage (DIM 1) for AES3, AES 3id and S/P-DIF signals
- Q Electronics can be remotely accessed when the cabinet is flush mounted (REK 1 and CP 2, CP 5, CP 10, CP 15, CP 20, CP 25, or CP 30)
- Integrated electronic limiter for each driver
- Hybrid class A-B amplifiers, employed for their best overall performance, are also protected
- Active three-way crossover with 24 dB/oct. slopes
- Input options give flexibility without burdening basic product:
- Transformer balanced input stage equipped with special distortion reduction crossover function,
- 16, 24 bit, 20, 216 kHz digital input stage for AES3, AES 3id and S/P-DIF signals,
- XLR and BNC inputs, and a BNC output for flexible and robust interconnectivity
- Display for signal type, protect, and digital status is integrated into the MMD™, together with a K+H logo
- Controls adapt the monitor’s response to compensate for the loudspeaker’s environment:
- Bass, mid and treble controls for specific and common acoustical issues,
- Parametric EQ for low-frequency corrections
- Accelerated Heat Tunneling™ (AHT™) ensures effective amplifier cooling whether the cabinet is mounted vertically or horizontally.
- Electronics can be remotely accessed when the cabinet is flush mounted
- Electronics can be remotely powered on with two modes of operation (0 V and 12 V trigger)
- Attention to detail in design results in low self-generated noise
|Active or Passive||Active|
|Monitor Application||Near-Field, Mid-Field|
|Number of Speakers||Single|
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields
Please fill out the form below and, when Klein + Hummel O 410 Active Studio Monitor - Single becomes available, a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you.