Klark Teknik DN32-WSG 32-Channel Waves SoundGrid Expansion Module
32-channel Waves SoundGrid expansion module for Behringer X32 and MIDAS M32 digital consoles
The Klark Teknik DN32-WSG expansion card allows M32 and X32 users to mix, record and play back multichannel audio with a plethora of plug-ins hosted on Waves SoundGrid servers in extremely low latency. Waves offers highest-fidelity audio plug-ins for basically every contemporary and vintage-emulated audio processing. DN32-WSG now allows you to use the very same industry-standard processing tool chain for live productions that you may use in your studio environment already.
Networked Audio Processing Virtually Unlimited
Waves plug-ins can be run anywhere on the SoundGrid network, either on dedicated SoundGrid servers or as native plug-ins on connected personal computers. Native processing offers the flexibility of using standard audio computers, while SoundGrid plug-in servers ensure minimal I/O latency, which is essential for live monitoring. You can apply, mix and cascade any processing in the network with total flexibility, whatever your production takes.
Your Door to the Processing Power of Waves SoundGrid
DN32-WSG offers full-duplex audio streaming for 32 channels in and out, with 48 kHz or 44.1 kHz sample rates and 24-Bit resolution. Round-trip network latencies down to 0.8 ms are possible, depending on complexity of the network infrastructure. Tip: Any audio plug-ins may invoke additional latency depending on their type and nature. Make sure you select low-latency processing exclusively, such as the “live” versions of plug-ins, when inserting effects into live monitoring audio paths.
Plug and Play
Once audio routes have been configured in a SoundGrid network using PC applications such as Waves MultiRack or StudioRack, the audio paths will be re-established at every startup automatically. There are no network specific settings to be configured in the mixing console. Just route your send signals to the card outs and return the processed signals where needed.
External Insert Effects
There are two ways of using external processing in Midas M32 and Behringer X32 mixing consoles.
- Up to 6 Channel Inserts can be assigned on Aux 1-6, when Aux outputs are in Insert mode. You must set the Input/home routing for Aux Inputs to Card 1-6, and the respective Card outputs to Aux1-6/Mon, to route the inserts through the DN32-WSG card and SoundGrid network.
- Up to 4 blocks of 8, or 32 external plug-ins can be inserted by routing all the input signals directly to the card outputs. All processed return signals are then routed back to the input/home by selecting Card 1-32.
Note: In the second example, channels only see digital input signals. Hence, the preamp input gain and phantom power controls are available on the Setup/Preamps page only.
Free Tracks Live Recording Application
Created with and for live sound engineers, Tracks Live is the ultimate multi-track recording software solution for SoundGrid systems, designed to capture live performances of any kind, from the smallest gig to the largest production.
Tracks Live enables easy switching between stereo out and multi out modes, allowing you to toggle back and forth between recording and virtual soundcheck with the click of a button. The automatic multichannel re-routing engine also adapts to any changes you make on the fly, making it easier than ever to set up big shows with hundreds of tracks.
Waves is Supporting You
Documentation and how-to videos are available for all aspects of applying SoundGrid audio processing and patching, as well as installing and registering Waves applications such as MultiRack, StudioRack or any plug-ins.
A SoundGrid Certification Program guides you on your way to becoming a pro-user. In addition, there are also high-profile video tutorials from international top producers with all sorts of hands-on production advice.
- WAVES SoundGrid network interface for Behringer X32 and Midas M32 mixing consoles
- Mix, record and play back with SoundGrid-plug-ins in extremely low latency
- 32 input and output channels of audio over IP networks
- 44.1 and 48 kHz sample rates, 24-Bit resolution
- Clock Sync-over-Ethernet (SoE) for digital splits and distributed audio processing
- Redundancy and recovery options in networked audio
- Connects your console to the plug-in processing power of WAVES SoundGrid servers
- Compatible with standard computers and network switches
- TRACKS LIVE application for intuitive multitrack recording and playback
- SoundGrid Studio Application for ASIO/Core Audio recording and playback
- 10-Year Warranty Program
- Designed and engineered in the UK
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Klark Teknik DN32-WSG 32-Channel Waves SoundGrid Expansion Module.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields