John Hardy Co. M-1 Mic Preamp 2 Channel
The M-1 mic preamps are among the finest mic preamps in the world. They provide the accuracy and transparency that is missing in other mic preamps. No matter what your application, they will provide superior sound quality. The world's best input transformer (Jensen JT-16-B), best op-amp (990 discrete op-amp) and the elimination of all capacitors from the signal path combine to provide the highest performance.
The M-1 has a 19" wide mainframe rack-mount chassis (1.75"H x 19"W x 8"D) and can be ordered with 1 to 4 channels. There are two meter options and the best Jensen output transformer (JT-11-BMQ) is also available as an option. Additional channels and options can be easily added later up to the total capacity of the mainframe.
The M-1 was introduced in 1987 and while sonically identical to the M-2 there are a few control differences. The M-1 has a two-section gain-pot providing continuously variable adjustment in two overlapping ranges that are selected by the "High Gain" switch. (The M-2 has a 16 position gain-switch with 1% metal-film resistors providing accurate and repeatable gain settings and since the "High Gain" switch isn't necessary it's available with either a 20 ohm mic switch OR a 20dB pad switch.)
- JT-16-B Input Transformer
- 990 discrete op-amp - faster, quieter, more powerful and better sounding than typical monolithic op-amps
- Elimination of all coupling capacitors from the signal path - results in less degradation of the audio signal
- Dual range gain control and 'high gain' switch - provides great feel and resolution for easy and accurate adjustments
- Polarity reverse switch
- Phantom power switch
- All front panel switches are LED illuminated
- Gold plated XLR connectors
- Ground lift switch on each channel - helpful for eliminating ground loops
- Toroidal power transformer with additional shielding - eliminates hum problems so no external power supply is needed
- Universal power supply - internal switch provides six primary voltage choices to accommodate use anywhere in the world
- Chassis ground isolation switch - helpful for eliminating ground loops
- VU-1 - Very accurate and informative 20 segment LED meter card with separate peak LED for monitoring preamp output
- PK-1 - Peak LED metering only (not required if VU-1 is installed)
- JT-11 - BMQ output transformer
- Pin 2 Or pin 3 high - can be ordered either way and internal jumpers make changes in the field easy
|Tube or Solid State||Solid State|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the John Hardy Co. M-1 Mic Preamp 2 Channel.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields