Korg ARP 2600 M Semi-Modular Desktop Synthesizer with Case
Desktop ARP 2600 delivering the sound admired around the world in a more compact and portable format with added features that make it the ideal incarnation of this historic synth
The ARP 2600 is arguably the most iconic and recognizable synthesizer of all time. Having been used in countless records, film scores, TV shows and game soundtracks since its appearance from the 70’s through to today, the ARP 2600’s sound remains an essential part of the music world. The Korg ARP 2600 M delivers the sound admired around the world , in a more compact and portable format and including added features that make it the ideal incarnation of this historic synth.
A LEGEND, REBORN
When the ARP 2600 FS was announced in January 2020, it quickly became a phenomenal success with musicians all over the world recognizing the faithfulness to the original ARP 2600.
The ARP 2600 M is around 60% the original size, making it lighter, more portable and easier to place and use in a studio. It integrates the same analog circuitry and components as the ARP 2600 FS, thus faithfully reproducing the characteristic ARP sound.
PROUDLY DESIGNED AND MADE IN JAPAN
The ARP 2600 M is built in Japan with the same care and extraordinary quality standard as the ARP 2600 FS, and uses the same analog components to accurately reproduce the sound and feel of the original. The Spring Reverb has been re-engineered and adapted to the new size body with the same lush effect.
With the intense focus on quality and a large amount of hand assembly, the ARP 2600 M is not a typical mass-produced instrument. Due to this boutique nature, manufacturing quantities each month will be inline with Korg's commitment of delivering a truly prized investment.
Its dedicated case not only protects your instrument, but also makes it easier to transport, thanks to its custom casters with special anti-shock damping technology. There is also enough space to carry other gear together, like your favorite volca, SQ-64 or MIDI controller!
A MUST-HAVE IN THE STUDIO
It is not by chance that the ARP 2600 has been so extremely popular to this day. More than a synthesizer, the ARP 2600 M is a complete sound design studio. Even today, the ARP 2600 stands as a bridge between the individual elements of modular synthesis and the immediacy of a production / performance instrument.
Included are an ample supply of oscillators, envelopes, a filter and amplifier – all of the building blocks of analog synthesis. But the ARP 2600 M goes even further, with a spring reverb tank and a pair of built-in monitor speakers. Also present is much of the versatility of a vintage modular system, including a ring modulation, lag and voltage processors, an envelope follower, audio preamp, a clock-able switch, noise source, a sample-and-hold module, signal inverters, an auxiliary mixer, and even a set of parallel-wired/multi jacks.
ADDED FEATURES AND FUNCTIONALITY
The ARP 2600 M is not only faithful to the original, it also includes an array of added features that will make it even easier to use:
- Plug and play: Connect any class compliant MIDI controller such as a KORG microKeys, nanokeys or SQ-64 to one of the ARP 2600 M’s USB ports (USB-A and USB-B) and automatically get full control of your instrument!
- Resized: The new size makes it easier to visualize your patch and also allows you to use shorter patch cables
- Two types of filters from two versions of the original ARP 2600（4012 type, 4072 type DIN MIDI IN added
- Pitch-bend, Modulation and Portamento ON/OFF can be controlled through MIDI CC messages (USB/DIN MIDI)
- Normalized voltage: The threshold of the trigger signal required to activate the ADSR through the S/H GATE JACK has become 5V, making it much easier to use in combination with other gear such as volcas or Eurorack modules
- Improved Attack and Release time ratios
- L/R Stereo Output Jack (instead of XLR)
- Speakers turn automatically off when using headphones
- Improved, smoother sliders
FREE BUNDLE OF MUSIC SOFTWARE
The ARP 2600 M comes with a diverse variety of music software from iZotope including “Ozone Elements” which lets you not only create songs but also master them using AI, “Skoove” which will help you improve your keyboard playing skills, “Reason Lite” DAW software, as well as software synths from KORG and other brands.
In other words, the moment you get your hands on this synthesizer you'll have a variety of tools to help you take your music to the next level.
Apps for iPad/iPhone:
- KORG Gadget 2 Le (music production studio DAW app)
- KORG Module (piano/keyboard sound module app)
Software for Mac/Windows:
- KORG Collection - M1 Le (synthesizer sound module)
- UVI Digital Synsations (synthesizer sound module)
- AAS Ultra Analog Session (synthesizer sound module)
- AAS Strum Session (acoustic guitar sound module)
- AAS Lounge Lizard Session (electric piano sound module)
- Propellerhead Reason Lite (DAW music production software)
- Skoove free 3 month trial of Skoove Premium (online piano lesson)
- KORG Gadget 2 Le for Mac (DAW music production software)
- iZotope Ozone Elements (Audio Mastering Plug-in Software)
|Package Contents||ARP 2600 M, adapter, rolling case, and patch cables|
|Unit Weight||13 lb|
|Analog or Digital||Analog|
|Polyphony||2 voices for duophonic (normally monophonic)|
|Power Consumption||13 W|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Korg ARP 2600 M Semi-Modular Desktop Synthesizer with Case.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields