IK Multimedia T-RackS Leslie - Electronic Delivery
IK Multimedia and Hammond USA and Suzuki Music Corp. of Japan, have teamed up to bring you nothing but the best sounding Leslie of the entire digital world: IK Multimedia T-RackS Leslie gives you 5 legendary Leslie amps and 6 cabinets in one powerful module, that you can now use inside T-RackS 5 mixing and mastering workstation to further shape the sound of your tracks.
The amps were recreated thanks to IK’s innovative Dynamic Interaction Modeling Technology, which can analyze and model the behavior of every electronic component in the circuit, as well as their mutual interactions, thus reproducing the exact behavior of the entire system in a non-linear and dynamic way.
The cabinets, on the other hand, have been recreated using Volumetric Response Modeling, IK's breakthrough proprietary technology, that includes modeling of some parts and capturing the real audio behavior of each model by miking up the cabinets in a high-quality room to extract the essence of their original tone. Only this approach can offer digital Leslie models that are indistinguishable from the originals when placed in the same room and miked the same way. This happens because cabinets are very complex to reproduce in the digital realm due to the number of time-variant effects that happen within the sound simultaneously, during the rotation of the rotors.
You can think of these digital Leslie models as providing actual audio recordings of the real cabinets, they are much more than an emulation algorithm!
Lesliefy your tracks
T-RackS Leslie is ideal on all sources and not just organs and keyboards. It makes for a very powerful creative tool on applications that range from playing, mixing to sound design! Try it on guitars, on the Synths of the Syntronik collection, on lead vocals, background vocals, drums, percussions and much more, even as a parallel processor inside the T-RackS channel strip for effects never heard before.
- Leslie 122: The classic of classics. Suitable for pop, rock, jazz and blues, when you think of the "Leslie sound," you are most likely thinking of a 122. A vintage unit from the early 70s has been modeled here, and this has a slightly warmer sound when compared to the 122A.
- Leslie 122A: The Leslie 122A is the modern take on the most famous Leslie model, with a balanced input to the amplifier and a medium-tall cabinet that provides superb bass response. This has a slightly more open and upfront tone when compared to the classic 122.
- Leslie 147: The Leslie 147 is another classic Leslie model with a different connector, slightly different power amp, an unbalanced input to the amplifier and slightly shorter cabinet. The overall sound is very similar to the classic 122 but with some noticeably and musically relevant differences. The one we modeled is a vintage unit from the mid 60s, with no reflectors on the horns, which gives another flavor to the sound and an even more tangible sonic difference from the classic 122.
- Leslie 3300w: The Leslie 3300w is one of the most powerful models ever, featuring a 300-Watt RMS solid-state amplifier with a real vacuum tube preamp. Its sound signature is especially suitable for pop, rock, jazz and blues.
- Leslie G37 / Studio 12: Guitarists of all kinds praise the G37 for its unmistakable tonal character. The onboard solid-state guitar amplifier with its tube preamp section can go from pristine-clean to down-and-dirty, for a variety of tonal nuances that only Leslie speakers can provide through a compact dual-rotor cabinet with a vintage voiced V30 12” speaker suited to guitar. The Studio 12, designed as a more portable amp for keyboard players, also uses a tube-driven solid state amplifier into a dual rotor design but has a 12” Eminence bass speaker tailored to the wider low frequency range of organs.
The module is visually divided into 3 parts, one of which has 3 different “pages” to it. The first part is dedicated to the controls. This is where the majority of tweaking on amps and cabinets happens, and it is divided in 3 pages: Setup, Amp and EQ. The Slow/Fast control is always visible at the bottom of the controls, for easy access, with BRAKE as external control.
In the setup page you have control over parameters like the the mic setup and distance, the rotation speed of drum and horn, and acceleration and deceleration of rotation. If you are after a nice, vintage flavor to the sound, you can use the spring knob to add a spring reverb before the amp.
The “Amp” button will bring up the specific amplifier controls associated to each included model. These comprise Gain, High-Pass Filter, Volume, Contour (amount of tube warmth of the preamp), Tube Drive (amount of distortion), and Tube Mode (type of distortion).
The EQ section presents a full parametric EQ to let you further shape your sound.
The central part of the module lets you visualize and select the amp and cabinet models as well as vary the mic positions, which impacts on the perception of the rotation, or “doppler effect”. You can vary between a 90° position, which is the most common, and that gives a non-symmetric perception of the rotation, to 180°, which is less common but heard on a lot of really famous recordings.
The third “portion” of the module is for the mixer view, where you have full mix control on the four microphone channels used when capturing the Leslie speakers. Each channel has its own level and pan control so that you can setup the Leslie mix as you prefer. You can for example set the drum using just one channel panned centered to have solid monophonic low frequencies, and use the horn in stereo, or you can get immediate 70s sonic flavor by using just one mic on the top and one on the bottom panned just a bit apart, just to mention another example.
- Perfect digital recreation of the legendary Leslie amps and cabinets approved and certified by Hammond USA and Suzuki Music Corp. of Japan
- 11 iconic Leslie officially certified models
- 5 Amps (Leslie 147, 122 vintage; Leslie 122A - brand new tube; Leslie 3300w new hybrid and Leslie G-37/Studio 12 brand new hybrid)
- 6 rotary-speaker cabinets (Leslie 147, 122, 122A; Leslie 3300w, Leslie G-37, Leslie Studio 12)
- Original circuit and component-level modeling of the amps via IK’s acclaimed Dynamic Interaction Modeling technology
- Rotary-speaker cabinets modeled using IK’s proprietary Volumetric Response Modeling technology
- Captures the true sound, soul and dynamic response of the real hardware
- 90° and 180° mic placement and variable distance setup for true studio sound and sophisticated tone shaping
- Different amp/cab combinations
- Painstakingly recreates the saturation and harmonic distortion of overdriven tubes and circuitry
- All cabinets work in stereo for both horns and drum
- Full parametric EQ for overall sound shaping
- Intuitive controls for easily customizable sound
- Mixer section for versatile microphone signal blending and tonal control
- Elegant animated interface
- Ideal for keyboard players, record producers, guitarists and even vocalists
- Perfect for any kind of production ranging from Jazz to Rock and Contemporary Pop
T-RackS 5 is a 64-bit application and requires a 64 bit CPU and Operating System.
- Minimal: Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB of RAM (8 GB suggested), macOS 10.9 or later
- Supported Plug-in formats (64-bit): Audio Units, VST 2, VST 3, AAX
- Minimal: Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2, 4 GB of RAM (8 GB suggested), Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10. Requires an ASIO compatible sound card.
- Supported Plug-in formats (64-bit): VST 2, VST 3, AAX
|Software Delivery||Electronic Delivery|
|Plug-In Format||AAX, AU, VST2, VST3|
|Operating System||Mac, Windows|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the IK Multimedia T-RackS Leslie - Electronic Delivery.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields