IK Multimedia AmpliTube SVX
The Rolling Stones '69 tour. Early Van Halen to AC/DC to Dave Matthews Band. The Motown sounds and that fabulous "round” bass tone. The gear behind IK Multimedia AmpliTube SVX defined – and continues to define – the sound of electric bass.
So accurate it even shut down
Funny story… during the first phase of testing with the original engineers, one particular software model was being driven so hard that it "shut down." Completely stopped working. But the lead engineer approved the model on the spot. You see, there was a slight design flaw in the actual amplifier that would cause a power fault shutdown if the amp was driven too hard for too long. The software model was so accurate that it even replicated this design flaw!
What’s included in AmpliTube SVX
AmpliTube SVX features 18 models including 4 amps, 6 cabinets and 8 stomps, giving you the "Greatest Hits" amps, from the earth-shattering sound of Rock & Roll bass from the SVT – the Grandaddy of them all, to the smooth groove-making rolls of the B-15. The scooped edginess of the 4Pro. Plus a complete set of bass-specific pedals to give you unprecedented tone shaping options.
- SVX-500: Based on the Ampeg BA-500, a high quality solid-state bass amp with a sonic fingerprint that will deliver a big, detailed sound. Thanks to its powerful sound shaping controls, this amp model will be great on all musical genres and styles.
- SVX-15R: Based on the re-issued 1960s Ampeg B-15R, enhanced and improved. This all-tube model limited production features the “classic” tube preamp combined with a selectable tube 60W/100W power amplifier for the most sought-after vintage bass sound ever.
- SVX-CL: Based on the Ampeg STV-Classic, this all-tube bass head delivers a warm, harmonically rich and punchy sound that is a trademark for the rock bass sound both live and in the studio. The amp that created the rock bass sound.
- SVX-PRO: Based on Ampeg SVT-4PRO, a real all-round high end bass amplifier. It combines a full-featured tube preamp with a tight solid-state power amplifier for a wide and rich sound spectrum from extremely neutral and transparent to powerful unique tones.
- SVX-500: Based on Ampeg BA500 Cab Model
- SVX-15R: Based on Ampeg B-15R Portaflex “Flip Top” Cab Model
- SVX-410B: Based on Ampeg BXT 410H Cab Model
- SVX-212: Based on Ampeg PB-212H Cab Model
- SVX-410S: Based on Ampeg SVT-410H Cab Model
- SVX-810E:Based on Ampeg SVT-810E Cab Model
- SVX-OD: Based on the Ampeg SCP-OD Overdrive pedal. It recreates the original distortion circuit, adding upper octave harmonic content to the direct signal to create a unique overdrive effect.
- SVX-OCT: Based on the Ampeg SPC-OCT Octaver pedal. Moving the octave knob will double your direct signal one octave below the direct signal, making your melodic lines richer and fuller, and expanding the frequency range.
- Analog Chorus: A model of a classic analog Chorus/Vibrato. In Chorus mode the modulation is lush and slow, and in Vibrato the modulation is faster and more noticeable.
- Analog Delay: This model is based on a classic analog delay with modulation stomp pedal.
- Bass Wah: Modeled after a classic Wah pedal used by many top players in the 60’s and 70’s. The "auto" option produces the Wah effect automatically, meaning that there is no need for the manual intervention on the pedal position.
- Compressor: This effect is modeled after a vintage compression stomp pedal and can deliver a strong sustain and powerful compression with lots of character.
- Envelope Filter: A highly developed filter effect, this uses the envelope of the incoming signal to control a synthesizer-style filter. The sound palette’s range of this virtual unit is wide and rich.
- Volume: A traditional volume pedal.
Groundbreaking Modeling Technology
There's a special place in our history for this project. You see, it was our first opportunity to actually work and communicate directly with the engineers at a company making the gear we were modeling. In retrospect, this project was really ahead of its time
Today, IK is more than a pioneer in the digital tone generation and analog gear modeling field. With unique technologies like DSM (Dynamic Saturation Modeling), VRM (Volumetric Response Modeling) IK models have set the industry standard evidenced by co-branding recognition from the most influential partners in the industry such as Fender, Orange, Soldano, T-Rex, Jet City and many more.
- Industry-standard sound with DSM (Dynamic Saturation Modeling) and VRM (Volumetric Response Modeling) technologies offer the most realistic emulation of real world gear and the best sounding models
- Perfect as a plug-in for studio recording and mixing in any Mac/Win DAW, native compatibility with 64-bit applications and operating systems
- Also perfect for live performance thanks to the standalone version with instant preset switching
- Highest supported Sampling Rate: 96 kHz
- DAW automation and BPM synchronization
- 5 separate modules
- Rig of up to 12 stomps, 2 Amp heads + 2 Cabs + 2 x double mics and 8 rack effects can be configured in up to 8 serial/parallel configurations
- Two movable microphones allow you to mic the cabinet exactly like in real world studio and live environment
- Stereo signal path makes it suitable for any type of instrument including drums, keyboards, vocals and more
- Perfect integration with IK’s range of audio interfaces and floor controllers allows for instant recording and performing in the studio or on stage with full programming at the software level
- 2-track built-in multitrack recorder with DAW-like features enables you to quickly capture ideas or even record a small band in the standalone application without the need to open a DAW and with the convenience of AmpliTube superior quality audio processing
- Imports any Wav, Aiff, sd2, Apple Caf, Flac, MP3 audio file (Standalone version)
- SpeedTrainer for speeding up/slowing down imported tracks without affecting the pitch – the perfect tool for practicing and improving your instrument skills or learning your favorite riffs and solos (standalone version)
AmpliTube is a 64-bit application and requires a 64 bit CPU and Operating System.
- Minimal: Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB of RAM (4 GB suggested), macOS 10.7 or later
- Supported Plug-in formats (64-bit): Audio Units, VST 2, VST 3, AAX
- Minimal: Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2GB of RAM (4 GB suggested), Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10. Requires an ASIO compatible sound card
- Supported Plug-in formats (64-bit): VST 2, VST 3, AAX
|Software Delivery||Electronic Delivery|
|Plug-In Format||AAX, AU, VST2, VST3|
|Operating System||Mac, Windows|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the IK Multimedia AmpliTube SVX.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields