Heritage Audio RAM System 2000 (Demo Deal)
The Heritage Audio RAM SYSTEM 2000 is a professional monitor controller in a convenient tabletop format. With its matrix of inputs and outputs, covering 3 balanced and unbalanced analog, S/PDIF digital and the innovative professional quality HA Bluetooth technology, the System 2000 will cover all the monitoring needs of the most demanding professional facilities at a price never heard before.
The level control is taken care of by means of microprocessor controlled gold plated relays, giving an exceptional resolution of 64 dB of attenuation in 1 dB steps. Keeping active electronics to a minimum, the attenuator is buffered using state of the art Burr Brown circuitry for negligible coloration and no noise.
Headphone monitoring is as critical as main speaker is. Usually a weak part even in the most expensive units, the RAM System 2000 employs very high current drivers in a diamond buffer configuration which are able to drive any headphones to very high levels without coloration or noise. It has 2 amplifiers individually configurable.
The RAM System 2000 features talkback facilities in a similar fashion to the large format consoles. Talkback signal can be assigned to the Mix signal (following Input selected), by pressing TB MIX. It can also be assigned to the dedicated CUE input by pressing TB CUE, or at both at the same time, 6 pressing TB ALL. All 3 buttons are momentary (they do not engage), so need to be pressed for the talkback to function. This avoids sending embarrassing comments to the talent by mistake.
The talkback signal is taken from the Electret microphone found in the front panel and further amplified. Controls for talkback mic gain are SHIFT + TBMIX for lowering the gain and SHIFT + TBCUE for raising it.
Pressing any of the talkback keys will activate the DIM function in order to avoid feedback from the mic to the speakers.
NO MORE MINI JACKS
Employing latest generation audio specific Bluetooth technology, the best Codecs your devices can support, and a state-of-the-art Burr Brown based analog signal path, the irritating problem of connecting your iOS or Android device to your Studio setup is solved.
To this day this has been solved using mini-jack to XLRs adaptor cables, but the limitations of mobile devices’ analog audio paths have become clearly apparent.
Listening to references on the iTunes Store, recordings sent by email, Spotify, You Tube, you name it. You do it every day, all the time. Nevertheless integration has been inconvenient to say the least, until now.
SOUND QUALITY OVER BLUETOOTH
The RAM System 2000 Bluetooth device automatically recognizes your device's best Codec option and uses it for streaming.
Apple's iTunes Store and You Tube use AAC as native so streaming from an iPhone or iPad will result in a lossless transmission, much better than an analog wired connection!
Vast majority of Android devices have already adopted the amazing sounding “Qualcomm aptX audio” Codec, which is nearly lossless and the standard that wireless high quality headsets and sound bars are adopting.
BURR BROWN´S PEDIGREE IN THE ANALOG PATH
The RAM System 2000 Bluetooth device substitutes your mobile device's analog circuitry with a state of the art, fully differential Burr Brown balanced output stage which delivers a full 0 dBfs = +22 dBu output able to drive a load of 600 ohms. This allows direct level comparisons while mastering or mixing with Apple's iTunes Store or mobile stored reference mixes.
SYNCHRONIZING YOUR DEVICE WITH THE RAM SYSTEM
2000 Synchronizing your mobile device with the RAM System 2000 is as simple as pairing any other Bluetooth device. It will appear as “HERITAGE RAM 2000” on your Bluetooth devices´ list. YouTube hosts nice tutorials about how to do so in both Android and iOS if you need help. The System 2000 automatically selects the best Codec supported by your mobile device, so no configuration is needed.
Whenever a device is paired with the RAM System 2000, the “SYNC” LED will light. From then on, your mobile device takes over the transmission, including Transport control (PLAY, STOP, etc.) and Level (Volume). Active streaming is confirmed by corresponding Codec LED being turned on. Please note Codec IS NOT configurable. It is automatically chosen from the best available option on your mobile device. Devices can only be paired one at a time. Whenever a different device needs to be paired, Bluetooth needs to be reset, so SHIFT + BT buttons must be pressed down.
- INPUT 1: Balanced, accessible on a pair of TRS Jack connectors
- INPUT 2: Exactly as Input 1
- INPUT 3: Balanced by default, it can be configured as unbalanced - 10 dBV by pressing SHIFT + IN3. The same key combination would return this input to its balanced +4 configuration
- DIGITAL: Transformer isolated, it is available on the RCA connector on the back of the unit, it is able to read signals up to 24-bit/96 kHz
- and gets the word clock from the input source.
- BLUETOOTH: This input features the same architecture found in the acclaimed Heritage Audio BT-500. If you are not familiar with it, the BT-500 is an Audio Streaming device in a convenient 500 Series format. It streams audio from your Bluetooth-equipped device and 4 delivers a fully balanced, +22 dBu stereo output. Integration of mobile devices intro a professional studio environment has never been easier. More info on the Bluetooth features later.
- MIX OUTPUT: It follows the input signal and is taken PRE FADER, meaning its level is unaffected by the monitoring attenuation. It is therefore ideal for recording the mix at the same time, or as an additional cue send.
- CUE OUTPUT: Working in tandem with the CUE INPUT, it works as a traditional CUE send, where the CUE Output follows the CUE input plus the Talkback signal when this is in use.
|Condition||Demo / B-Stock|
|Input Connectors||1/4-inch TRS, Digital RCA|
|Output Connectors||1/4-inch TRS|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Heritage Audio RAM System 2000 (Demo Deal).
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields