Heritage Audio HA73 Elite Microphone Preamp
The Heritage Audio HA73 Elite single-channel microphone preamp is made to the same specifications as the acclaimed 73JR and DMA73 Heritage Audio models. Leveraging time-consuming hand-soldered series, Heritage Audio is able to offer a zero compromise, high-quality, yet very affordable alternative to the growing entry-level brands.
Manufactured in the same Spanish facilities as the rest of the Heritage Audio line of products, the rack-mountable HA73 Elite presents the classic sounding recording preamp that, for generations, has been regarded for its rich, musical qualities and its ability to dramatically improve the sound of almost any source. Further, it includes the same exact great sounding JFET DI circuit found in the 73JR as well as a fully discrete Class A high-pass filter.
With 80 dB of available gain and dedicated mic, line, and instrument inputs; the HA73 Elite has everything you need to bring microphones and instruments to life with vintage vibe and thickness.
The HA73 Elite features gain, output trim, -20 db pad, polarity reverse, a high-pass filter, and +48 V phantom power. It comes housed in a rugged 1RU British steel chassis and utilizes an external power supply for low noise operation. The HA73 features Carnhill input and output transformers, high-quality pots and switches, and best of all - is 100% made by Heritage Audio.
The key components to obtain that true vintage sound are maintained, like the industry standard Carnhill transformers, hand-wound in St. Ives, England.
- 80 dB Class A Microphone preamplifier, HI-LO selectable minimum input impedance, balanced and floating, high gain positions show a higher impedance, ideal for old ribbon mics
- 10 dB Class A Line Amplifier, Bridging input impedance, balanced and floating
- Class A, single ended, 2N3055 driven high headroom output stage
- High Frequency: ±16 dB shelving at 12 kHz, Baxandall type
- Low Frequency: ±16dB with selectable frequency shelving of 35 Hz, 60 Hz, 110 Hz, and 220 Hz Baxandall type
- Mid Frequency: ±18 dB peaking, fixed ‘Q’, selectable center frequencies of 0.36 kHz, 0.7 kHz, 1.6 kHz, 3.2 kHz, 4.8 kHz, and 7.2 kHz dual inductor based
- High Pass Filter: 18 dB per octave slope, switchable between 50 Hz, 80 Hz, 160 Hz, and 300 Hz, inductor based
- EQ Button: Switches the equalizer on or off
- Phase Button: Flips phase 180º
- Microphone input impedance: HI, 1200 Ohm minimum, LO, 300 Ohm minimum, higher gain positions gradually have greater impedances, optimum for lo gain ribbon mics, input is transformer balanced and floating
- Line input impedance: 10 kOhms bridging, transformer balanced and floating
- DI input impedance: Greater than 2 Megohms, unbalanced
- Output impedance: Less than 75 Ohms, transformer balanced and floating, to drive a load of 600 ohms (factory terminated)
- Maximum output: Greater than +26 dBu into 600 ohms
- THD: Less than 0.025% at 1 kHz, less than 0.05% at 100 Hz
- Frequency response: 20 Hz (+0.3 dB) to 20 kHz (-0.2 dB)
- Maximum gain: Slightly greater than 80 dB
- Noise: Less than -100 dBu
- Power consumption: Less than 95 mA @48 VDC.
|Input Connectors||Analog XLR|
|Output Connectors||Analog XLR|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Heritage Audio HA73 Elite Microphone Preamp.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields