Gyraf Audio Gyratec XIV (Demo Deal) – No Longer Available
The two channels are linked - controlled with one set of knobs. The “Q”s (filter sharpnes’es) are rather low when boosting, but higher at cut - approaching a notch on extreme cut settings. This is both a side-effect of the applied passive technology - as well as quite desireable in situations where sound integrity is the paramount factor.
The frequencies are selected with special attention to controlability of the midrange area, and with half an frequency-range overlap to the adjacent bands.
This equalizer is a very extended version of the classic passive inductor/capacitor type filters, the most famous being the “Pultec” units. Even though the classic versions are usefull tools in most situations, they are somewhat limited in use due to their simple construction. Our engeineers wanted - as engeineers tend to do - more of everything.
So we came up with the parallel-passive design, the G14.
It is a truely passive design - based on switching a set of inductors and capacitors in and out of circuit - combined with an E88CC (6DJ8) tube-based makeup gain/output stage. Not a single IC’s or semiconductor in the signal path - this is a real tube unit.
The inputs and outputs are - off course - transformer balanced, for trouble-free interfacing to the outer world.
- Input impedance - around 5K Ohms, transformer balanced
- Output impedance - ~1K Ohms, transformer balanced
- Max boost/cut - ~10-12dB, depending on “Q” setting
- Gain trim ~+6 - -20dB
- Each band individually hard-bypassable
- Channel tracking within ~1dB
Frequency markings are:
- Low: 35-48-60-70-80-100-120-160-190-220-270Hz
- Low mid: 180-230-280-330-400-430-490-550-590-650-750Hz
- Mid: 500-570-700-800-900-1K-1K1-1K3-1K5-1K8-2K1 Hz
- High mid: 950-1K2-1K4-1K7-2K-2K5-3K-3K5-4K2-5K-6K3 Hz
- High: 4K5-5K6-6K5-7K8-9K1-12K-14K-16K-18K-20K-22KHz
|Condition||Demo / B-Stock|
|Tube or Solid State||Tube|
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields
Please fill out the form below and, when Gyraf Audio Gyratec XIV (Demo Deal) becomes available, a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you.