Great River EQ-2NV Two-Channel Digitally Controlled EQ
Two channel digitally-controlled, discrete Class A analog-driven equalizer
The Great River EQ-2NV two-channel equalizer greatly modernizes the classic British “1081/1083”-type design. This single-rack-space digitally controlled analog parametric EQ offers similar topology to vintage 1081/1083 models, but with welcome improvements. Newly designed Class A discrete single-ended amplifiers and true inductor/capacitor (L/C) circuitry add greater clarity and dynamic range to the musicality of the vintage-era models. The EQ-2NV also has a unique discrete high-current Class A balanced output stage.
To make life in the studio (and on the road) easier, the EQ-2NV has been specifically designed to integrate with the patch loop in Great River NV Series microphone preamplifiers (with a single TRS ¼” cable), for complete flexibility in tracking and mixing. The front panel input selector/sensitivity switch offers the option of using the signal from the EQ-2NV's transformer-coupled line input (ranging from +8 dBm to -20 dBm), or the patched signal from the NV preamp. When connected via the patch loop, the four EQ sections are inserted between the microphone (or DI) input’s first gain stage (with level control and metering) and the preamplifier’s output gain stage and "big iron" transformer (also with level control and metering). This routing flexibility provides a broad range of sonic/harmonic possibilities and maintains a full Class A signal path.
- Two channel, discrete Class A design
- Multiple In/Out connections: XLR balanced line in and out; ¼" -10 dBV output for 'no-latency' DAW monitoring; TRS ¼” insert patch point for NV Series mic preamp (inserts EQ between NV preamp gain stages)
- Wide range of input sensitivity from +8 dBm to -20 dBm with selection between line in and insert patch point
- 4 bands independently enabled with ±15 db boost/cut
- Hi and low bands selectable between peaking and shelving
- Hi-mid and low-mid bands each have 3 selectable Q positions
- 3rd order selectable frequency high pass filter
- Hardwire bypass of equalizer section
- Internal low-noise shielded power supply (externally selectable for 110 / 220 volt; 50/60 Hz)
- 3 year warranty with registration
- Single rack space with internal power supply
|Tube or Solid State||Solid State|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Great River EQ-2NV Two-Channel Digitally Controlled EQ.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields