Golden Age Project EQ-81 MKII 4-Band Vintage Style EQ
The Class AB equalizer circuit used in the Golden Age Project EQ-81 MKII 4-Band Vintage Style EQ is similar to the eq section in the classic 1081 module, without the high and low pass filters. The MKII features balanced connections for self-contained operation! A 230V power adapter is included.
The sound character is warm, punchy, sweet and musical. These classic characteristics have been heard on countless recordings through the years and it is a versatile sound that works very well on most sound sources and in most genres. The essence of this sound is now available at a surprisingly low cost, making it available to nearly everyone.
The EQ-81 MKII has stepped frequency controls that offers a wide selection of frequencies from 33 Hz to 15 kHz. The BASS and TREBLE frequency bands are switchable between shelving and bell and the MID frequency bands is of the bell type with a switchable Hi Q setting. The control range is ±18 dB. All four bands can be set in an off mode.
The EQ-81 MKII can be used either as a standalone EQ or connected to the insert jack of one of the Golden Age Project preamps. Combining one of Golden Age's PRE-73 preamps and an EQ-81 MKII and using a UNITE rack kit to mount them together, one will get a 19-inch 1081-style unit at a low cost and with a great sound!
- Vintage Style electronics. No integrated circuits in the signal path when the Insert connector is used
- 4-band with inductor based mid frequency bands
- Stepped frequency selection
- A wide selection of frequencies from 33 Hz to 15 kHz
- Control range up to ±18 dB
- Each band has an off mode
- Tantalum capacitors in the EQ signal path
- Can be used together with one of Golden Age's preamps with an insert jack or as a standalone unit
- TRS jack for the INSERT mode in- and output connection, the nominal working level is around -18 dBu
- IC-based in- and output stage for the LINE IN mode with balanced TRS and XLR connectors
- Selectable ground lift jumper
- External power supply to avoid interaction with the audio circuits
- Great sound that suits most sound sources and genres
- A solid build quality that will last many years of normal use
- There are separate bypass switches for all three bands
- The EQ-73 is made to be used together with one of the PRE-73 models that has an Insert jack, it can also be used with many other units that has a low level insert jack
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Golden Age Project EQ-81 MKII 4-Band Vintage Style EQ.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields