The Genelec 1237APM Active Monitor is a three-way SAM monitor featuring on-board intelligence that allows it to automatically adapt to it's environment by tuning the frequency response to compensate for acoustical room influences, as well as achieve perfect alignment of level and distance compensation at the listening position. Genelec 1237APM Active Monitor can be either freestanding or flush-mounted. The flush version benefits from a powerful new RAM L rack-mount amplifier that can also be removed from the loudspeaker cabinet when the monitor is flush mounted. Genelec 1237APM Active Monitor is based on the highly successful and much respected 1037A and shares the same DCW (Directivity Control Waveguide) technology and cabinet design, with the addition of Genelec DSP to allow compatibility with all standard AES/EBU digital audio formats as well as traditional analog signals.
Genelec 1237APM Active Monitor also features Genelec's ISS (Intelligent Signal-Sensing technology), which was developed to meet EU ErP Directives and the company's own wider sustainability commitments. ISS minimizes energy waste and significantly reduces power consumption when items are left in standby mode by monitoring input connectors to detect if the monitor or loudspeaker is in use. If the audio input is large enough, the product will quickly come out of the stand-by mode and continue to function. However, if the ISS circuit is not finding any audio on the input for a (user definable) period of time, ISS automatically puts the loudspeaker amplifier to a low-power sleep state where the loudspeaker will consume less than 0.5 watts of power.
- 12" (300 mm) bass driver, 5" (130 mm) Genelec midrange driver and a 1" (25 mm) metal dome tweeter
- DCW (Directivity Control Waveguide) technology
- The mid- and the high-frequency drivers are mounted in Genelec's proprietary Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW)
- Genelec DCW (Directivity Control Waveguide) technology allows the system to reproduce flat frequency response both on and off its acoustical axis, thereby allowing for a wider sweet spot
- DCW (Directivity Control Waveguide) technology combined with Genelec DSP allows compatibility with all standard AES/EBU digital audio formats as well as traditional analog signals
- ISS (Intelligent Signal-Sensing technology) developed to minimise the energy waste and significant reduction of power consumption
|Unit Weight||93 lb|
|Active or Passive||Active|
|Monitor Application||Mid-Field, Far-Field|
|driver_sizes||Bass: 12" / Midrange: 5" / Tweeter: 1" metal dome/DCW|
|Number of Speakers||Single|
|Input Connectors||Analog XLR|
|Amp Wattage||Bass: 500 W / Midrange: 250 W / Treble: 200 W|
|Impedance||Input: 10 kOhms balanced|
|Frequency Range||37 Hz - 20 kHz, ± 2.5 dB|
|Max. SPL||122 dB @ 2 m|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Genelec 1237APM.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields