To inquire if this item is available in one of our stores, please call 888.653.1184 or chat with us.
Gamechanger Audio PLASMA Rack
The Gamechanger Audio PLASMA Rack is a 1U sized audio effects unit designed for professional and studio use. The PLASMA is a revolutionary way of producing distortion by converting your instrument’s signal into a series of high-voltage plasma discharges in a sealed xenon filled tube.
The result is an incredibly sharp and sizzling overdrive that is extremely clear and responsive. This patent-pending technology of high-voltage electric discharge also acts as a natural noise-gating device that creates strong contrasts between staccato notes, as well as eliminating all unwanted noise and pick-up hum. The PLASMA’s electric discharge tube produces beautiful visible bolts of lightning that react to the input signal, thus creating a captivating experience for all players. In essence – you are playing a bolt of electricity.
A significant expansion of the unique High Voltage Distortion concept behind PLASMA Pedal, the PLASMA Rack features an extra large xenon tube that conducts audio signal at voltages of up to 5500 volts. Suitable and designed to use with guitar, bass, synthesizer and drum tracks.
Unique Harmonic Saturation
PLASMA pedal converts your instrument’s signal into a rapid series of electric discharges, which results in a large amount of non-linear harmonic saturation that causes extremely rich and responsive attacks, and brings out screeching sharp overtones and harmonics. These harmonic artefacts, produced as a by-product of the high voltage discharge are uncommon in traditional signal amplification, and therefore PLASMA distortion is unlike anything you have heard before.
Natural Noise Gate, Clean Gate
As soon as you stop playing the electrical discharge within the gas-filled tube is interrupted, and the pedal will not produce any output signal at all. This feature allows you to achieve extreme contrasts between individual notes, by eliminating all in-between noises created by the instrument’s pick-ups or by humming strings. This is noise gate can be set to affect the clean signal without added distortion.
Extremely Wide 3-Band EQ
The PLASMA distortion loses the original dry input signal and creates a new signal from fluctuations in the electromagnetic field surrounding the gas-discharge tube. This allows for a very wide range of frequencies. The EQ can be switched to affect only the wet sound or dry sound.
- Input Gain control to fine-tune the Plasma Rack for any type of input signal
- Sustain Mode lets you achieve long sustained notes even at Low Voltage settings
- Oversaturate Mode overpowers the Plasma tube to achieve an Octave Up/Overtone effect
- Built-in Plasma Tremolo is a unique Tremolo and Rig Mod effect with adjustable Depth and Dynamic response
- Built-in Distortion Channel that lets you add some High-Class Op Amp dirt to you Dry Signal
- 3 Effects loops are located and different parts of the signal chain and work with line and instrument levels
- Connectivity of two inputs (unbalanced and balanced with PAD), Two outputs and MIDI
- Full MIDI control lets you control all parameters and values via CC Messages and Program Change Messages with 8 Preset slots
- Expression input allows you to assign an expression pedal to any parameter of the PLASMA Rack
- Default Boot-Up Settings are saveable to make the Rack gig-ready
|Input Connectors||1/4-inch TRS, 1/4-inch TS, XLR Combo Jack TRS|
|Output Connectors||1/4-inch TRS, 1/4-inch TS, XLR Combo|
|MIDI Connections||In, Out, Through|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Gamechanger Audio PLASMA Rack.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields