FXpansion BFD Deluxe Collection – No Longer Available
The FXpansion BFD Deluxe Collection is an expansion pack for FXpansion's BFD premium acoustic drum module. Unparalleled in its detail and recording quality, the Deluxe Collection was tracked at Steve Albini's Electrical Audio studio facility in Chicago. The pack contains some of the most celebrated drums and cymbals of all time, recorded at up to 128 velocity layers in extreme detail.
A new acoustic space and recording environment
The room in which the session was recorded is smaller and more up-front than the Eldorado room used in BFD and BFD XFL, giving the Deluxe Collection an extremely punchy and defined sound. The recording techniques employed also contribute hugely to the sound and character of the pack. Mic placement and processing of certain channels was conducted by Steve Albini, and all mics were routed through the preamps on Electrical Audio’s custom Neotek console, through subtle processing in some cases. The mics used include the Josephson e22, c42 and c609, Royer R122 ribbons and the fabled Altec 150 'coke bottles'. The musicality and definition of the recordings has to be heard to be believed.
BFD Deluxe Collection is ideally suited to any styles of music demanding potent, stunningly recorded drums with a depth of dynamic variation to allow truly expressive playing.
A luxurious array of hyper-detailed drums
As befits a pack recorded in Chicago, the Deluxe Collection features some legendary Ludwig kits, including a Vistalite from the 1970s, with six toms and two kicks, and a 1965 Clubdate. As well as these vintage kits, several modern classics are provided, such as a Sonor Designer, a Yamaha Pro Tour, a DW Black Oyster Pearl and a Gretsch USA Maple. Finally, a prototype BackYard Drums kit was flown to Chicago especially for the sessions. The Deluxe Collection represents the first time these exquisite boutique drums have ever been recorded.
Also provided are a Ludwig Supraphonic 'Bonzo' snare and a Bison maple piccolo, while the kicks are equipped with felt, rubber or plastic beaters. BFD Deluxe Collection contains five exquisitely recorded Zildjian hihats, including 14" and 15" New Beats and a 13" Z Dynobeat. These possess pedal, closed, ¼-open, ½-open , ¾-open and fully open positions. Meanwhile, a large assortment of Zildjian, Sabian, Paiste and Wuhan cymbals have also been immaculately captured.
- Expansion pack for BFD
- Up to 128 velocity layers for the ultimate in realism and expressive detail
- Recorded at Steve Albini's Electrical Audio studio complex in Chicago, IL
- Smaller, more intimate room results in an extremely punchy and defined sound
- Three classic vintage Ludwig kits, including a Vistalite with 2 kicks and 6 toms
- Four immaculate modern kits by Sonor, Yamaha, DW and Gretsch
- A unique custom prototype kit by boutique drum manufacturer Backyard Drums
- Five exquisitely recorded Zildjian hihats, including 14" K Constantinople and 15" New Beats, at pedal, closed, ¼-open, ½-open , ¾-open and fully open positions.
- Rides with bells, crashes with edge hits and a selection of splash and china cymbals, recorded at insane amounts of velocities for the most extravagant, lush cymbal experience ever
- Recorded with an array of mics including rare and vintage mics like Altech 150s and Royer R122s, and groundbreaking modern mics by Josephson
- A staggering 55GB of pure drums with a full installation
|Software Delivery||Retail Box|
|Virtual Instrument Type||Drums and Percussion|
|Plug-In Format||RTAS, AU, VST|
|Operating System||Mac, Windows|
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields
Please fill out the form below and, when FXpansion BFD Deluxe Collection becomes available, a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you.