Furman HDS-6 – No Longer Available
The Furman HDS-6 / HR-6 Audio Distribution System offers a great-sounding, cost effective and flexible way to provide custom mixes for up to sixteen people in recording and live sound environments. The combination of unique functions add unprecedented functionality and convenience to any multiple-user audio application.
The system consists of two components: the rackmount HDS-6 Audio Distribution System, and one or more HR-6 remote mixers (please note that the HR-6 remote mixers are sold separately). Linking the distribution unit and remote mixers is as easy as plugging in cables -- multiple HR-6's are simply daisy-chained together. A pair of 25 foot linking cables is included with each HR-6, and other lengths are easily obtained at your local computer store or through mail order. For applications where daisy-chaining is not practical, a twelve port or larger ethernet patch panel can be wired to allow multiple HR-6 units to connect from a central location. Up to eight HR-6 remote mixers can be linked to an HDS-6, and two pairs of headphones may be plugged into each HR-6.
The HDS-6 rackmount distribution system connects to the mixer/console to provide interface and power supplies to drive a group of HR-6 remote mixers. Trimpots are provided on the HDS-6's front panel to match the console output levels to the HDS-6's inputs.
The HDS-6 is ideal as a low distortion headphone driver for the most critical listening situations. In addition to providing high current differential buffered signals, it also provides power and ground to the HR-6 remote mixers.
The HR-6 is a compact six-channel, five-pot remote mixer that clamps to any mic stand. When used with the HDS-6, the HR-6 allows musicians to customize their own headphone or monitor mix, and the engineer doesn't have to touch the board.
The HR-6 provides four mono pots and one stereo pot. The four mono pots allow each user to create a custom mix of four console channels or busses. The stereo pot will most often be used for a main control room mix, or for a stereo effects return.
- Every performer in a studio or live sound setting can have a personalized mix without any adjustments at the board
- Perfect for use as a headphone system in the studio, plus drives powered monitors in live sound applications
- HDS-6 rackmount audio distribution system connects to the mixer/console to provide interface and power supplies to drive a group of HR-6 remote mixers
- HR-6 remote mixer provides each musician with five volume controls: four monaural (for mixer channels or busses), plus one for an overall stereo mix or a stereo effects return
- HDS-6 to HR-6 linking cables are included with the HR-6, as is a universal mic stand clamp
- HDS-6 provides gain trims and overload LEDs for each input, ground lift and on/off switch, and system status LEDs
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Furman HDS-6.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields