Furman HDS-16 – No Longer Available
Following up on the tremendous success of its HDS-6/ HR-6 Headphone/Audio Distribution System, Furman introduces an enlarged and enhanced system, the HDS-16/HRM-16 Headphone/Audio Distribution System.
The HDS-16 Headphone/Audio Distribution System and HRM-16 Headphone/Audio Remote Mixer are the logical extension to Furman's very popular headphone amp/audio distribution lineup. These models are designed to function equally well for both live (in-ear or stage monitors) and studio applications, allowing greater flexibility and ease for both the user and the engineer.
The HDS-16/HRM-16 Headphone/Audio Distribution System cleanly routes eight mono and four stereo signals to remote mixing locations via Centronics 50 pin cables. Up to eight HRM-16's can be connected directly or daisy chained to a single HDS-16, allowing as many as sixteen users (two per each HRM-16) to customize eight different mixes. A unique talkback system allows each user to communicate with other users and the main mixing location. Additionally, a SOLO system allows the engineer to mute all but one stereo send from the mix location -- very handy for reviewing recent takes or rough mixes. Additional HRM-16 features include local effects send/return, line out, overall bass/treble controls, talkback level, and a master level control.
The double rack-space HDS-16 provides full patching functions on its front panel via 1/4" and TT input jacks, and is intended to be installed at the mixing console location. The HDS-16 provides power and signal conditioning to drive the HRM-16 Remote Mixers. There is no power cord or wall wart required for the HRM-16's. In addition, it includes two 1/4" jacks for the two-way talkback functions, and a Solo Remote switch with an indicator that allows muting of all but one stereo feed at all HRM-16's. This comes in handy for isolating tracks for critical listening without having each HRM-16 user turn down all but one channel. The Solo function also includes a 1/4" jack so actuation can be done with a footswitch. Front panel indicators include Power On and Solo On. The rear panel includes six Centronics 50 pin connectors to link up to six HRM-16's (more if daisy chaining is used), and the standard Furman On/Off and Grouned Lift switches.
The unique talkback system is extremely versatile. It can be configured two different ways by moving a jumper on the circuit board in the HDS-16.One way allows the talkback mic on each HRM-16 to be fed to all of the other HRM-16 units as well as the HDS-16. The other configuration allows communication to the HDS-16 only. This is particularly useful for stage use where the user's talkback mic should not feed into all of the monitors (including the user's own monitor).
- Model HDS-16E: "E" suffix version is for use in countries with 220/240 VAC mains. Since HRM-16 units derive their power from the HDS-16, no special HRM-16 model is needed.
- HRM-CABL: Replacement 25 foot (7.7m) Centronics cable for linking or daisy-chaining HRM-16's, or for extending existing cables.
- HRM-16EX: Extension adapter which allows two HRM-CABLs to be joined together to create extended cable lengths. Up to eight HRM-CABLs may be joined, making a total length of up to 200 feet (62m), using one HRM-16EX adapter per cable segment (see Cable Specifications below).
- HRM-THRU: Wallmount kit consisting of two Centronics connectors linked with an 18 inch flat cable. Includes two wall plates and gaskets.
- HRM-RAW: Raw HRM-16 cable, priced per foot, for those desiring to make their own cables in exact, custom lengths.
- HRM-CONN: Cable-mount Centronics connector, for making custom cables.
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Furman HDS-16.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields