Focusrite Saffire Pro 24
All of Focusrite's FireWire interfaces are fully compatible with Thunderbolt using a simple FireWire to Thunderbolt adapter. Focusrite fully supports the use of Thunderbolt with our FireWire interfaces.
The Focusrite Saffire PRO 24 is the latest in Focusrite’s new generation of FireWire audio interfaces. As with all Focusrite interfaces, Saffire PRO 24 is the best sounding interface in its class, attentively designed with recording musicians and the modern home studio in mind.
Twenty-five years of mic-pre excellence form the foundation of this new interface, with two award-winning Focusrite pre-amps. These combine with the very latest in mix control software and FireWire interfacing technology to deliver seamless integration, excellent routing flexibility and rock-solid driver stability.
With Saffire PRO 24, sonic integrity reigns supreme. The two Focusrite pre-amps ensure low noise and distortion, whilst quality digital conversion and JetPLL™ jitter elimination technology ensure pristine audio quality as your audio flows between the analogue and digital domains.
Alongside the two Focusrite pre-amps are a host of I/O options; two additional analogue inputs, six analogue outputs, ADAT inputs (for expanding the interface with, for example, Focusrite’s OctoPre), stereo SPDIF I/O and 2 virtual ‘loopback’ inputs for routing digital audio between software applications - ideal for capturing online audio. Front panel 5-LED metering for each analogue input offers detailed viewing of levels.
Saffire Mix Control, the zero-latency 18 x 8 DSP Mixer/Router software provided with Saffire PRO 24, sets a new standard at this price point for audio interface control. It features flexible output routing and monitoring, as well as intuitive one-click set-up solutions designed to help you track, monitor and mix as quickly as possible.
Saffire PRO 24 also comes with all the additional tools needed to start making music straight away. These include the latest version of the Focusrite Plug-in Suite, providing a significant upgrade from your standard sequencer effects. The suite includes Compression, Reverb, Gating and EQ VST/AU plug-ins.
Focusrite’s established Xcite+ bundle is also included. The bundle features Ableton Live Lite (for all your production, performance and compositional needs), Novation’s Bass Station soft synth and over 1GB of royalty-free samples from Loopmasters and ‘Mike the Drummer’.
Focusrite’s Saffire PRO 24 is designed to capture every subtle nuance of your recordings, dropped seamlessly and effortlessly into the digital domain, leaving you free to enjoy the freedom of a creative modern music making experience.
- Two High Quality Award-winning Focusrite Pre-amps
The best sounding interface in its class. Focusrite's unparalleled pre-amp legacy forms the foundation of this new interface, with two award-winning Focusrite pre-amps.
- High Quality 24 bit/96kHz FireWire Interface
Features high quality A-D / D-A conversion and JetPLL™ jitter elimination technology; pristine audio quality and reliable synchronisation are guaranteed.
- Total I/O Count of 16 Inputs and 8 Outputs
A host of I/O options are provided*, including a unique loop-back facility for routing audio between software applications via Saffire Mix Control.
- Saffire Mix Control Zero-latency DSP Mixer/Router
Routing flexibility and intuitive one-click set-up solutions; Saffire Mix Control provides an 18 x 8 DSP mixer with excellent output routing and monitoring capabilities.
- Xcite+ Software Bundle
Featuring a host of royalty-free loops and samples, a full-fledged soft-synth and Ableton Live 7 Lite, providing an affordable upgrade path to Ableton Live.
- Focusrite VST/AU Plug-in Suite, for use in the mix
Upgrade your standard sequencer effects and bring a touch of class to your session with all-new Focusrite Compression, Reverb, Gating and EQ VST/AU plug-ins.
- Front panel 5-LED metering
LED metering for each of the analogue inputs offers detailed viewing of levels direct from the front fascia.
- Dedicated front-panel headphone bus
Providing a fully customised monitor mix, with tactile level control available on the front panel.
- Dynamic Range (A-Weighted): 106dB
- SNR (A-weighted): -105.3dB
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz +/- 0.1 dB
- THD+N: 0.001% (measured at 1kHz with a 20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Noise: EIN > 125dB (128dB analogue to digital) (measured at 60dB of gain with 150 Ohm termination (20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Maximum level (A-weighted): 8.6dBu at 1%
- Dynamic Range (A-Weighted): 106.5dB
- SNR (A-weighted): -106dB
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz +/- 0.1dB
- THD+N (A-Weighted): < 0.001% (measured with 0dBFS input and 22Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Noise: -90dBu (22Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Maximum level (A-weighted): 16.3dBu at 1%
- Frequency Response 20Hz-20KHz +/- 0.1dB
- Maximum Input Level min gain no pad +8dBu
- Maximum Input Level max gain no pad -42dBu
- THD+N, -1dBFS, min gain, no pad < 0.0015%
- SNR 105dB "A"
- DNR 105dB "A"
- Input Impedance > 1MOhm
- X-talk < -100dB
- Adjustable Gain > 50dB
- Pad Attenuation 10dB
- Frequency Response 20Hz-20KHz +/- 0.1dB
- SNR 105dB "A"
- DNR 105dB "A"
- Maximum Output into 32R +12.4dBu (+10.2dBV)
- Power into 32R 250mW
- Output Impedance < 7Ohms
- Load Impedance > 24Ohms
Line level Outputs
- Dynamic Range (A-Weighted): 105dB
- SNR (A-weighted): -104.5dB
- THD+N: < 0.001% (measured with 0dBFS input and 22Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Maximum level (A-weighted): 16.13dBu at 0.885%
Additional Conversion Performance
- Clock jitter < 250 picoseconds
- THD+N AMPL (A-weighted)= -107dBFS
Analogue Channel Inputs (Inputs 1-4)
- 2 x XLR Mic/Line Neutrik Combi-Jacks (Inputs 1-2)
- 2 x XLR Instrument Neutrik Combi-Jacks (Instrument on inputs 1 and 2 only) Automatic switch of Mic / Line (inserting a jack switches from Mic to either Line or Instrument (instrument selected via the software control panel)Line inputs 3-4 have low and high gain settings can be controlled from the Saffire MixControl software (low gain being the default)
Digital Channel Inputs (Inputs 5-14) 44.1-96kHz
- Stereo S/PDIF input on RCA
- 1 x 8 channel ADAT input on Optical Connector (SDPIF 3&4 set in preferences menu)
Analogue Audio Outputs (Outputs 1-6)
- 6 x TRS analogue outputs (Outputs 1-6)
- 1 x TRS stereo headphone output (same as outputs 3 & 4)
Digital Channel Outputs (Outputs 7-8) 44.1-96kHz
- Stereo S/PDIF output on RCA
- 1 x 6-pin FireWire socket
- 2 Standard 5-pin DIN MIDI connectors: In and Out
- 12V DC power input connector for use with external PSU
*This item now includes the Focusrite Red 2 & Red 3 Plug-In Suite (AAX/AU/VST) upon registration of interface. Accurately modeled on the classic Red 2 EQ and Red 3 Compressor, the Red plug-ins let you exploit the sound of the hardware originals, conveniently from within Pro Tools® (10 and above) and other audio software.
Softube Time and Tone Bundle
In addition to the Red 2 and Red 3 Plug-in Suite, this interface includes the Softube Time and Tone Pack. This is a unique plug-in bundle, comprised of Softube's world class TSAR-1R reverb, Tube Delay, and Saturation Knob.
TSAR-1R: Add space, depth and width to your sound—TSAR-1R is a reverb plug-in with world class sound and extreme ease of use. With a single slider, you can take TSAR-1R from realistic and three-dimensional rooms to dramatic and dreamlike halls.
Tube Delay: A tasty echo effect that can go from clean to rude by overdriving its three modeled tube stages. Create anything from realistic room echoes to rockabilly style slapbacks—or take it all the way into dub reggae echo madness.
Saturation Knob: Add grit and warmth to any sound source with this modeled output distortion unit. Use it to fatten up bass lines, add some harmonics and shimmer to vocals, or simply destroy your drum loop. Simply turn up the knob to add saturation, and use the three-position switch to alter the distortion character.
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Focusrite Saffire Pro 24.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields