Focusrite Clarett 8Pre USB Audio Interface
The Focusrite Clarett 4Pre USB offers up to 18-in and 10-out in a small desktop interface from a single USB-C cable (USB cable included). The four onboard preamps offer the same input impedance, clarity and tone as the legendary Focusrite ISA One Preamps, providing up to 118 dB of dynamic range and allowing for recording 24-bit/192 kHz audio.
The preamp gain control pots on the front panel are equipped with Halo meters allowing you to keep an eye on the proper input levels. Each of the front panel inputs can accept either mic or line level signal, the first two preamps have a dedicated high impedance instruments inputs that can record ultra clean DI signals or overdriven pickups without any added distortion. Expand the available I/O through the ADAT connection, adding a Clarett OctoPre can provide eight additional channels of audio.
Utilize the MIDI I/O to connect and sync all your external synths and drum machines. The S/PDIF connection provides a digital stereo In and Out. Both connections are found on the rear panel.
Control the overall level with the volume knob in the mix section of the front panel. Two dedicated headphone outputs can be assigned to monitor the main mix or a separate artist cue.
The rear panel provides four additional line level inputs, perfect for Keyboards, synths, drum machines, etc. Four total line outputs are available, two are dedicated for the speaker outputs, while the other two can be used for cue sends or routing to external outboard gear.
Also included is a plug-in bundle modeling some of the industries top gear. Record in real time with near zero latency through the amp simulators and dynamic plug-ins. Download the Focusrite Control App to unlock advanced controls, configure your routing and monitor mixes, and control the Clarett from any Mac, PC, iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch.
- Ultra-low noise (-128 dB EIN) Clarett mic preamps, ultra-low distortion and up to 118dB dynamic range
- The eight Air-enabled mic preamps can reproduce the sound of the Air feature from Focusrite’s original ISA mic preamp
- Supports any Mac or PC with USB 2.0 and above
- 24-bit/192 kHz A-D and D-A conversion for the ideal signal path
- Connects to Mac or PC using the included standard USB and USB Type-C cables
- Two front-panel mic/line/instrument inputs
- Six mic/line inputs
- Six-segment LED metering easily shows the signal level
- MIDI I/O
- S/PDIF I/O
- ADAT I/O
- Two monitor outputs with anti-thump technology
- Eight additional line outputs
- Two headphone outputs with volume controls
- Dim and mute monitor controls
- Word clock output for sending clock signal to external equipment
- Record with super-low latency through amp simulators and effects plug-ins
- Focusrite Control: a user-friendly control software which enables you to configure your routing and monitor mixes from Mac, PC, iPad, iPhone® or iPod touch
- XLN Audio – Addictive Keys: one of four inspiring and interesting keyboard instruments
- Focusrite – Red Plug-in Suite: accurately models Focusrite's classic Red 2 equalizer and Red 3 compressor
- Softube – Time and Tone Bundle: four of Softube's world-class reverb, delay, mastering and distortion plug-ins
- Focusrite – Plug-in Collective: exclusive offers, tutorial content and more, from some of the most innovative and prestigious plug-in companies
- Ableton – Live Lite: a customized version of the music-making software Ableton Live
- Loopmasters: 2GB of royalty-free sample libraries
- Focusrite Control
|Unit Weight||10.17 lb|
|Input Connectors||Digital RCA, Optical, XLR Combo Jack TRS|
|Output Connectors||1/4-inch TRS, BNC, Digital RCA, Optical|
|Number of Preamps||4|
|MIDI Connections||In, Out|
|Maximum Sampling Rate||192 kHz|
|Digital Format||ADAT, S/PDIF|
Works great. i bought this to add 8 inputs to my apollo via adat. mic pre's sound good. rock solid as far as being easy to use and connectivity. it doesn't have dedicated line ins which would be nice because i mostly use it with external mic pres - so that it is a little wonky, but it's been working fine to use it that way - i just turn the gain all the way down. other than that - it's perfect.
I have been very please with the product. A breeze to install and get running. I was surprised at the improvement in the reference monitor sound quality over what I had been using. I like the mic pres and the air function on them is very useful for some applications.
* Required Fields
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Focusrite Clarett 8Pre USB Audio Interface.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields