SSL Bus+ Next-Generation Stereo Bus Compressor
The ultimate, most versatile incarnation of the Bus Compressor ever featuring high-performance 2181 THAT VCAs, 4 modes of operation, new Attack and Release time constant options, and 3 distinct compression coloration options
If there is a single piece of analog processing equipment that is synonymous with Solid State Logic, it must be the SSL Bus Compressor. From the very first commercially released SSL 4000 B console in 1976 and through many generations of SSL consoles that have followed, the Bus Compressor has always been the stalwart of the console centre section.
For many of the world’s top engineers and producers, the Bus Compressor continues to be the most relied upon processing tool for making mixes sound bigger and more complete, with drive and energy from adding that legendary SSL glue and punch.
With the SSL BUS+, Solid State Logic have been on a mission to create the ultimate and most versatile incarnation of the Bus Compressor ever. The bedrock of the design remains faithful to the original circuit and using this as the foundation, they’ve built upon it, adding several unique colouration options and advanced processing tools. If you need it to be clean and punchy like the SuperAnalogueTM 9000 Series version, it can be. If you need it to be gritty and grungy like an early 4000E, it can do that also. Or if you need over-the-top, saturated parallel compression for the drums, THE BUS+ has got you covered.
The BUS+ circuit design not only utilizes high-grade components, such as the 2181 THAT VCAs in the audio path for superior analogue performance, it is also incredibly flexible, offering four modes of operation and 3 distinct compression colouration options that can be combined to perfectly suit the genre you’re working on. As if that wasn’t enough, THE BUS+ features an all-new Dynamic Equalizer, a Transient Expander and comprehensive connectivity and routing options.
The BUS+ is the ultimate SSL Bus Compressor.
- The ultimate, most versatile incarnation of the Bus Compressor ever
- Authentic SSL Bus Compressor circuit utilizing high-performance 2181 THAT VCAs
- 4 modes of operation - Classic Stereo, S/C Stereo, Dual Mono or Mid-Side
- New Attack and Release time constant options - more flexibility to shape the Bus Compressor, including the new 'Auto 2' setting
- 3 distinct compression colouration options, which can be combined or used individually: 4K Mode - single VCA operation with variable harmonic distortion to bring some 'grit' and 'grunge' to the mix; LOW THD Mode reduces low-frequency distortion caused by compression, cleaning up the bottom-end; F/B Mode alters the compression characteristics for a more 'relaxed' style of compression
- Outstanding sonic performance and stepped pots designed for mastering and precision processing applications
- Built-in 2-band Dynamic EQ (D-EQ)
- Transient Expander
- Configurable processing order - Bus Compressor pre D-EQ (default) or post
- External side-chain inputs and sends
- Variable side-chain High-Pass Filter control up to 300 Hz in 10 Hz steps
- Mix control for instant parallel compression
|Package Contents||BUS+ compressor and IEC power cable|
|Unit Weight||2q.2 lb|
|Tube or Solid State||Solid State|
|Input Connectors||Analog XLR|
|Output Connectors||Analog XLR|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the SSL Bus+ Next-Generation Stereo Bus Compressor.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields