Golden Age Project EQ-73 MKII Vintage-Style 3-Band Equalizer
The Class A circuit used in the Golden Age Project EQ-73 MKII Equalizer is similar to the EQ section in the famed 1073 module, but without the high-pass filter. Additional frequencies have been added and the mid-frequency band uses two inductors, the higher value of the second one is used for the two lowest frequencies, 160 Hz and 240 Hz, to achieve a suitable response.
The resulting sound character is warm, punchy, sweet and musical. These classic characteristics have been heard on countless recordings through the years and it is a versatile sound that works very well on most sound sources and in most genres. The essence of this sound is now available at a surprisingly low cost, making it available to nearly everyone.
The EQ-73 MKII has stepped frequency controls that offers a wide selection of frequencies from 20 Hz to 24 kHz. The Low and High frequency bands are shelving and the mid frequency band is of the bell type. The control range is ±15 dB for the two lower bands and ±18 dB for the high frequency band. There are separate bypass switches for all three bands.
The EQ-73 MKII is made to be used together with Golden Age's PRE-73 models with an Insert jack. It can also be used with many other units that have a low level insert jack. Combining a PRE-73 and an EQ-73, and using a UNITE rack kit to mount them together, one will get a 19-inch 1073-style unit at a low cost and with a great sound!
Improvements from EQ-73 MKI:
- The MKII has an IC based in-and output section with balanced connections for self contained operation and new knobs for the level controls
- Added small coupling caps in parallel with all electrolytic caps in the IC based section in/out section
- Vintage Style electronics with no integrated circuits in the signal path
- 3-band with a dual inductor based mid frequency band
- Stepped frequency selection
- A wide selection of frequencies from 20 Hz to 24 kHz
- Control range up to ±18 dB
- Separate Bypass switches for each band
- Tantalum capacitors in the signal path
- Made to be used together with PRE-73 models with Insert jacks or any other unit with a low level Insert jack
- TRS jack for in-and output connection, the nominal working level is around 18 dBu
- Selectable ground lift switch
- External power supply to avoid interaction with the audio circuits
- Great sound that suits most sound sources and genres
- A solid build quality that will last many years of normal use
- Stepped frequency controls that offer a wide selection of frequencies from 20 Hz to 24 kHz
- The Low and High frequency bands are shelving and the mid frequency band is of the bell type
- The control range is ±15 dB for the two lower bands and ±18 dB for the high frequency band
- There are separate bypass switches for all three bands
|Tube or Solid State||Solid State|
|Input Connectors||1/4-inch TRS, XLR Combo Jack TRS|
|Output Connectors||1/4-inch TRS, Analog XLR|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Golden Age Project EQ-73 MKII Vintage-Style 3-Band Equalizer.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields