To inquire if this item is available in one of our stores, please call 888.653.1184 or chat with us.
Empress Effects Zoia
The Empress Effects Zoia may look like a guitar pedal, but it’s also a fully functional modular synthesizer. Dial in custom synth sounds, sequences, effects, and more with over 80 modules. Custom-designed for exploring new sounds, the only limit to what you can create with Zoia is your imagination.
Zoia is an extensive modular effects processor packed with over 80 modules for designing custom sounds. Create everything from basic signal chains to complex parallel processing using interface modules like audio I/O, MIDI and CV I/O. Build your own custom synth sounds using audio modules like oscillators, VCAs, filters and more. Modulate sounds using CV modules like LFOs, ADSR envelopes, and step-sequencers. Polish your tones with an array of built-in effects like EQ, compression, reverb, delay, distortion and more. Save up to 64 patches directly to Zoia and instantly recall them during live performances.
Zoia’s intuitive interface makes creating complex synth sounds as easy as connecting the dots. Simply tap a pad and select a module using the OLED Display and begin building your own sound shapes with pitch shifters, noise generators, and bit modulators. Connect your favorite MIDI controller suing the Dedicated control port and MIDI 1/8” in/out using the included 1/8” to MIDI dongle.
VIRTUAL PEDAL BOARD
Zoia may be small, but this compact stomp box has enough effects to put even the most robust pedalboards to shame. Use simple single-module effects for basic sounds or create complex signal chains using dozens of different effects. Fine tune your tone with multi band EQ. Shape transients using the compressor, gate and envelope filter modules. Add overdrive, distortion and fuzz to tracks for extra bite. Add space and depth to your tracks with over a dozen reverb, delay and modulation effects. There’s even a cabinet simulator!
- 80+ Modules and Growing - Zoia comes packed with a vast collection of modules to create just about anything you can dream up, with Zoia the only limit is your imagination!
- Create your own effects, synths, control devices, and more! - Oscillators, LFOs, filters, bit crushers, envelope followers - these are just a handful of the included modules that can be connected in almost any way imaginable
- 20+ Ready-Made Effects Modules - Pre-built effects modules such as reverbs, delays, choruses, flangers, overdrives and more
- Up to 64 Patches - Create and save up to 64 patches that can be easily recalled during live performance
- Swap and Share Patches - Join the community of Zoia users on patchstorage.com to try out other users patches, or upload your own awesome creations to share with the world
- SD Card Included - Load and save patches to/from Zoia
- OLED Display Screen for Easy Editing - View all of Zoia's module and parameter information on the high resolution OLED display screen
- Control Port and MIDI Connectivity - Dedicated control port and MIDI 1/8" in/out jacks allow you to connect a huge range of external devices to control any or all of Zoia's functions and parameters, 1/8" to MIDI dongles included
- Customizable Patch Recall System - The on-board stompswitches can be used in either scrolling- or bank-style preset modes, for quick on-the-fly patch recall that suits your workflow
- Built-In Help - Almost like having a built in manual, the dedicated help function will give you quick information at a glance about Zoia's various modules and options
- High-Quality Audio - 48 kHz sampling, with 24-bit conversion and 32-bit internal processing
- Low-Noise Signal Path - Features extremely low noise operation with a signal to noise of >105 dB
|Input Connectors||1/4-inch TS|
|Output Connectors||1/4-inch TS|
|MIDI Connections||In, Out|
I think of the ZOIA as almost a prototyping pedal. Like if you can imagine an effect, you can probably build it in the ZOIA. Or, if you aren't a heavy tweaker, you can also download an infinite number of user generated patches from patch storage.
While this pedal is a multi FX unit, and can be used as a whole pedal board in a pedal, it really is more of a modular synth. The oscillators and filters actually sound pretty nice, and there is an infinite amount of ways to control and modulate any parameters on any modules, with LFOs, Sequencers, ADSR, Slew Limiters, etc.
In terms of FX and sound quality, Zoia really excels with looper, granular, and time based effects. The delays and reverbs are lush and stellar! The modulation sounds are good, although I prefer my analog chorus. The compressor is functional. I rarely use their gain sounds because I have a bunch of boutique analog gain pedals which sound better to my ears, but they're ok.
Overall, I'm obsessed with Zoia. I think about it everyday. It marks a major shift in the evolution of pedals, because it can become anything you want it to be. Also Empress are always making new modules for it. Be prepared to spend hours, or days exploring and learning how to use it.
Love the Zoia. Super fun to create just about any effects I can think of. I also love the community site where everyone can share their discoveries.
This pedal is amazing. It is endlessly creative and incredibly inspiring. It really is limitless, and the sound quality is top notch. Couldn't ask for a better shop to buy it from either, VK was absolutely stellar in every way. They got it to me faster than I could have ever hoped. Buy with confidence, these guys are doing an amazing job!
* Required Fields
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Empress Effects Zoia.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields