ELECTRO-ACOUSTIC Ear Model 41 Steiner 4P Filter
The ELECTRO-ACOUSTIC Ear Model 41 Steiner 4P Filter is the net result of this old and new technology pairing has produced a split personality which duplicates all the grit of the original design taken to levels of distortion and deformity never before possible in a Steiner core.
In June of 1992, Nyle Steiner designed an updated version of the filter found in his SynthaSystem, a revision that was never fully completed, and intended for his EVI. In the fall of 2008 the Model 41 began as a joint effort with Nyle Steiner based on this design and slated as a limited edition module to celebrate the 5 year anniversary of Plan B. As with other modules planned for that year, the M41 was never released.
In Jan of 2014 the collaboration resumed with a few design additions suggested to him: IFM SYNC (the ‘twin’ function found in the M11), a HYPER Q Regeneration function, a ± bipolar VC input, VC resonance and level independent lowpass, bandpass and high-pass operation, along with all benchmarks true to the original EVI Filter design including a variable intensity control (Spectral Energy Distribution), a four pole 18-stage diode ladder for 24 dB/oct response, output oscillation bandwidth of 0.5 hZ to 16 kHz suitable for LFO or VCO applications, user-scalable 1VOLT/OCT tracking, and full incorporation of integrated verses discrete transistor amplification architecture.
- Frequency manual control (range 0.5 Hz - 15 kHz)
- Bipolar (±) Frequency modulation on input attenuator
- Filter Resonance manual control
- Frequency modulation voltage control on input 2
- Frequency modulation input 2 Std attenuator - 1v/oct manual adjust
- Filter Resonance Voltage Control Input
- IFM Sync Frequency Modulation mode
- Spectral Energy Distribution Enable
- Spectral Energy Distribution control
- Hyper Q Resonance Modulation mode
- Hyper Q Resonance Modulation polarity (±)
- Output Mode Level Attenuators (Lowpass, Band Pass, Highpass)
|Module Slot Count||14hp|
|Connector Type||3.5 mm|
|Power Consumption||60 mA +12 V / 15 mA -12 V|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the ELECTRO-ACOUSTIC Ear Model 41 Steiner 4P Filter.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields