Echo Fix EF-X2 Tape Echo with Spring Reverb and DSP Reverb/Chorus - Blue
A classic effect, built for modern users - the Echo Fix EF-X2 Tape Echo couples the sounds you know and love, with features and reliability unimaginable in the past. In designing the EF-X2, the team at Echo Fix began with the knowledge and insight gained from their work as the world's foremost experts in spare parts, servicing and repairing vintage tape echo units. Put simply, they know how tape echos should sound and operate.
Echo Fix spent three years prototyping, rigorously testing, and meticulously designing in secret - while accounting for every possible application. They couldn't find a new production motor good enough so they made their own and invested in the latest high tech machinery to custom balance them in house. They also could not find tape heads that sounded good enough so they had custom tape heads manufactured to exact specs.
One of the other important things when it comes to reliable tape echo operation is the tape loop. Echo Fix thoroughly researched tape and have a tape formulation that not only lasts a very long time but sounds incredible as well, that is how far they were willing to go to make the EF-X2 reliable and sound great!
The result is a warm sounding tape echo with a modern feature set that is at home in the professional recording studio, live guitar rig, bedroom production setup or in any other context you can dream up, the EF-X2 will become an integral part of your creative process.
- Four core functions - Tape echo, Real Spring Reverb, DSP Reverb/Chorus and Preamp
- Vintage FET EP Guitar Preamp and Modern FET Line Input Pre-amp both with 1Meg Impedance perfect for guitar giving you two pre-amp tones and allowing for use of an ABY pedal (not included) to switch between both pre-amps
- DSP Reverb and Spring Reverb blend setting also allows Spring Reverb and Chorus blend
- Switch that converts the reverb section to chorus allowing you to switch back and forth from Reverb to Chorus effect
- Independent inputs (and level controls) for Instrument-level and Line-level applications, plus balanced input and output at rear
- Three echo playback heads, and a Sound On Sound Head giving 14 Head combination Settings in total
- Adjust the echo's Time and Feedback with Control Voltages (CV 0-5 volts) and compatible Expression Pedals
- Bass and Treble control of the echo signal
- Motor ON/Switch for tape slow down effect - or to conserve tape when only using the EF-X2's reverb or preamp
- Mute the reverb or echo signal with a dual foot switch pedal
- Comes with a worldwide-compatible, 100 - 240 V power supply (no step-down or other transformers required)
- Built tough to last by someone who has repaired and upgraded more tape echo units than you can possibly imagine!
- 2 Years Warranty for all pre-sale purchases with peace of mind that this is made by a company that has been operating for over 10 years specializing in tape echo repair and spare parts
- High quality scratch resistant front panel
- Includes 2 spare loops and one loaded in the unit for 3 total!
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Echo Fix EF-X2 Tape Echo with Spring Reverb and DSP Reverb/Chorus - Blue.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields