To inquire if this item is available in one of our stores, please call 888.653.1184 or chat with us.
Earthworks PM40 PianoMic System
Simple piano miking system featuring dual high-definition random incidence mics for piano providing incredible results for live performances and studio recordings
The Earthworks PM40 PianoMic System is a simple piano miking system that takes just minutes to setup and provides incredible results for live performances and studio recordings. An elegantly simple design that blends seamlessly into the piano, while delivering sound that stands out.
The heart of the PM40 PianoMic System is two omnidirectional 40 kHz High Definition Microphones with a frequency response from 9 Hz to 40 kHz, incredible impulse response and very short diaphragm settling time. The 40 kHz High Definition Microphones have been designed for random incidence pickup. When microphones are placed inside a piano they are within a sound field that has multiple sound sources: i.e. every string, the soundboard, multiple reflections of the sound from the sound board, the sides and the lid of the piano. All these sound sources and reflections produce sound waves that arrive at the microphones from all directions. This is called a diffused sound field, and the microphones are designed to perform optimally within such diffused sound field. In addition, these omni microphones have no proximity effect and the sound will remain the same (no increase or decrease in low frequency levels) no matter how close or how far the microphones are from the piano strings or sound board. This system provides exceptional sound quality with the piano lid either up or down.
- Incredible high definition audio that will outperform any microphones at any price
- Cannot be seen from outside of the piano
- Needs no stands or mic booms
- Superb sound with the piano lid either up or down
- Virtually no leakage from sounds outside the piano
- Incredible gain before feedback
- Recording studios can now record piano with other instruments in the same room
- Quick, simple and easy setup
- Hear the full range of the piano including the high and low strings with no hot spots
- The telescoping bar allows the PianoMic to be quickly and easily installed in nearly all grand pianos and to place the microphones close to or away from the dampers and get the exact sound desired
|Package Contents||Case, mounting holder, Ebox, manual, keys|
|Length||64 in fully extended 46 in collapsed|
|Unit Weight||1.5 lb|
|Tube or Solid State||Solid State|
|Number of Microphones||Stereo Pair|
|Impedance||65 Ohms, balanced (between pins 2 & 3)|
|Frequency Range||9 Hz - 40 kHz|
|Sensitivity||-36.5 dBV/Pa (15 mV)|
|Max. SPL||148 dB|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Earthworks PM40 PianoMic System.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields