Earthworks PM40 PianoMic System
The innovative Earthworks PianoMic System required the design of unique high definition microphones. Virtually all microphones used for recording and sound reinforcement are “free field” microphones, designed to pick up sounds in front of them. In contrast, the microphones in the PianoMic™ System are actually placed within the sound field of the piano, where sound is coming at the microphones from multiple sources and multiple directions. Each string is a separate sound source and the soundboard is also a sound source. In addition, there are multiple reflections of each sound source from the soundboard, piano sides and piano lid. These reflections, arriving from different angles, create what is known as a “diffuse sound field. ” A “random-incidence” microphone is designed to be placed within such a diffuse sound field and pick up sounds uniformly, whether they arrive at the front, the sides or the rear of the microphone. The PianoMic™ System achieves much of its remarkable performance through the use of specially designed, 40kHz random-incidence High Definition Microphones™.
- Incredible high definition audio that will outperform any microphones at any price
- Cannot be seen from outside of the piano
- Needs no stands or mic booms
- Superb sound with the piano lid either up or down
- Virtually no leakage from sounds outside the piano
- Incredible gain before feedback
- Recording studios can now record piano with other instruments in the same room
- Quick, simple and easy setup
- Hear the full range of the piano including the high and low strings with no hot spots
- The telescoping bar allows the PianoMic™ to be quickly and easily installed in nearly all grand pianos and to place the microphones close to or away from the dampers and get the exact sound desired
|Package Contents||Case, mounting holder, Ebox, manual, keys|
|Length||64 in fully extended 46 in collapsed|
|Unit Weight||1.5 lb|
|Tube or Solid State||Solid State|
|Number of Microphones||Stereo Pair|
|Impedance||65 Ohms, balanced (between pins 2 & 3)|
|Frequency Range||9 Hz - 40 kHz|
|Sensitivity||-36.5 dBV/Pa (15 mV)|
|Max. SPL||148 dB|
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields
Please fill out the form below and, when Earthworks PM40 PianoMic System becomes available, a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you.