Earthworks M30BXMP Battery Omni Measurement Mic - Pair
The Earthworks M30BX is a cost effective measurement microphone intended for large and small room calibration. The ultra wide frequency response of 9 Hz to 30 kHz is flat throughout the entire spectrum and results in accurate room calibration using Smaart, MLSSA, SIMM and TEF based systems. The small element yields an omni-directional pattern resulting in a wide pick up area at the front and sides of the microphone capsule.
The M30BX is a precision engineered battery-powered 30 kHz omnidirectional measurement microphone ideally suited for on-location acoustical measurements including loudspeaker design and quality control, sound system setup and troubleshooting, room acoustics, or any application where an accurate free-field measurement microphone is required and portability is important or a power source is not readily available.
Designed for remote use, the M30BX body opens for replaceable battery access, with a battery life of 300 hours. This M30BX requires 6 V Lithium or 4 LR44 alkaline batteries.
The M30BX’s audio performance is unparalleled. It has a flat frequency response that extends from 9 Hz to 30 kHz, an exceptionally consistent omnidirectional polar response, 140 dB SPL rating without distortion and no handling noise. With temperature compensated electronics the M30BX was built to deliver repeatable results no matter what the environment.
Extremely fast impulse response and linear phase response make the M30BX ideal for use with high-quality FFT-based real-time audio system measurement software like SMAART, SIM, REW, Electroacoustics Toolbox, FuzzMeasure and others, as well as for use in PA system alignment and loudspeaker design.
Every M30BX is individually hand-tuned and tested and is delivered with its own printed frequency response chart. An Electronic Calibration File (ECF) is generated for each microphone during final testing, and can be downloaded free of charge after product registration.
- Microphone body opens for replaceable battery access, with a battery life of 300 hours
- Works with RTA apps by using iPad / iPhone to TRRS to XLR mic cable
- 30 kHz flat frequency response
- Ideally suited for acoustical measurements including loudspeaker design and quality control, sound system setup and troubleshooting, room acoustics, or any application where an accurate free-field measurement microphone is required
- Improved version of the SMAARTMIC previously offered by EAW
- Omnidirectional polar pattern
- Flat frequency response, fast impulse response and exceptional polar characteristics
- Used by SMAART, MLSSA, Spectrafoo, TEF and RTA in addition to acoustic measurement systems manufactured by dbx, DEQX and others
- Meets or exceeds ANSI Type 1 and applicable IEC 61094 requirements
- Each M Series microphone is delivered with its own calibration chart providing its individually measured open-circuit sensitivity and the frequency response curve
- Electronic Calibration File available
- Operating Temp Range: -20 deg C to +60 deg C ( -4 deg. F to 140 deg. F)
- Storage Temp Range: -40 deg C to +80 deg C ( -40 deg. F to 176 deg. F)
- Humidity: Up to 90%
- Re-calibration recommended every five (5) years
|Package Contents||Mic clip, 1/4" adapter, Frequency Response Chart, manual, gift box, RCA adapter, battery|
|Tube or Solid State||Solid State|
|Number of Microphones||Stereo Pair|
|Impedance||65 Ohms, balanced (between pins 2 & 3)|
|Frequency Range||9 Hz - 30 kHz|
|Sensitivity||-29 dBV/Pa (36 mV)|
|Max. SPL||140 dB|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Earthworks M30BXMP Battery Omni Measurement Mic - Pair.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields