To inquire if this item is available in one of our stores, please call 888.653.1184 or chat with us.
Earthworks DM20 DrumMic Cardioid Condenser Microphone
The Earthworks DM20 DrumMic is a precision engineered cardioid condenser microphone designed for close miking toms and snare in live performance and studio recording environments.
Whether onstage or in the studio, the DM20 captures a drum sound that is larger than life. Onstage the DM20 delivers sound so detailed and natural that the sound coming out of the PA sounds like the drummer is right in front of you. For recording, it will reproduce your toms and snare with incredible detail and pristine sound, faithfully reproducing their true character.
Its near-perfect cardioid polar pattern is consistent across all frequencies, simplifying mic placement, virtually eliminating phasing issues and ensuring more gain before feedback. The DM20 transient response is lightning fast, handling sharp attacks with ease, while still picking up all of the subtle nuances and softest dynamics of your playing. Even the loudest drummer cannot overload the DM20 DrumMic, which can handle up to 150dB SPL.
Designed to withstand the rigors of the road while still delivering the sound quality Earthworks is known for, the DM20 DrumMic provides the best of both worlds. Capable of withstanding a stray stick hit, the DM20 removes the worry of close miking snare and toms. Its right angle microphone head lets you easily and precisely position the microphone to get the best drum sound. Featuring a stiff yet flexible gooseneck, the microphone will stay put once you have found its sweet spot.
Included with the DM20 is an RM1 RimMount for mounting the microphone directly on the rim of a snare or toms, eliminating the need for mic stands. Plus, save time on setup and teardown by storing the DM20 with the RM1 still attached in its carrying case.
- Frequency response from 50 Hz - 20 kHz captures more detail and dynamics of your playing
- Ultra-fast impulse response makes this microphone ideal for reproducing the full detail of the attack
- Substantially shorter diaphragm settling time prevents subtle details from being blurred or covered by earlier loud attacks
- Near-perfect cardioid polar pattern reproduces all specified frequencies uniformly at any position within the pattern
- With 32 dB of rear rejection, it is ideal for live performances or recording environments where there may be bleed from surrounding instruments
- More gain before feedback
- 150 dB SPL ensures the mic will not overload from the loudest of drum attacks
- The microphone head housing is designed to protect the microphone capsule and withstand a direct hit from a drumstick
- Flexible but rigid gooseneck that will not move when the drums are hit hard
- Heavy stainless steel construction is able to withstand the punishment of all touring environments
- RM1 RimMount is included for mounting the DM20 on rim of snare or toms
|Package Contents||DM20 mic, RM1 RimMount, and carrying case|
|Unit Weight||0.5 lb|
|Tube or Solid State||Solid State|
|Number of Microphones||Single Microphone|
|Impedance||200 Ohms balanced|
|Frequency Range||50 Hz - 20 kHz|
|Sensitivity||-42 dBV/Pa (8 mV)|
|Max. SPL||150 dB|
|Analog or Digital||Analog|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Earthworks DM20 DrumMic Cardioid Condenser Microphone.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields