Dynaudio M3A - Single
Designed for continuous high power operation in a correctly constructed acoustic space, the Dynaudio M3 represents the fruit of a research and development program aimed at elevating main monitors above the realm of modified PA speakers. A pair of 300mm bass drivers are perfectly complemented by two 150mm piston midrange drivers employing massive 75mm coils. High frequencies are accommodated by a high power version of the 28mm ESOTAR T-330 DA dome tweeter, which enjoys a reputation as the finest dome tweeter available. All drivers are ferrofluid cooled, a benefit only made possible on low frequency drivers by the use of custom designed ferrofluid compounds applied to very tightly tolerated voice coil gaps – a feature absolutely unique to Dynaudio Acoustics.
The result is a very clean, dynamic and powerful speaker in which common problems, such as cone break up, thermal compression and phase misalignment have been almost eliminated. Frequency response is full and flat, and the overall transparency of sound leaves no doubt that the M3 truly advances the art of monitoring at high levels without sacrificing quality at more relaxing volume.
- Unique linear phase and frequency response
- Every monitor matched to any other monitor within ± 1.5dB
- 28mm ESOTAR soft dome tweeter with aluminum voice coil
- Dual 150mm magnesium silicate impregnated polypropylene (MSP) midrange drivers with
- 75mm voice coils
- Dual 300mm polypropylene bass drivers with exceptionally large 100mm aluminum voice coils offering dramatic improvements in power handling, bass response and distortion figures over conventional systems
- Gold plated professional binding posts accepting heavy-gauge speaker cable
- Heavy internal damping for minimum cabinet resonance
- Thermal protection of the tweeter
Levels from 85 to 120dBA exhibit essentially identical timbre allowing total confidence in mix decisions regardless of monitoring level.
The M3 Main Monitor is available in both passive and active versions. Both versions employ the same sophisticated impedance corrected passive crossovers between midrange drivers and tweeter. The passive version has internal links for simple adjustment of low frequency levels and is primarily intended for user installation on rigid stands within a control room, although soffit mounting is entirely feasible. The bi-amped active system uses an active external crossover offering full equalization capabilities together with dual-band electronic driver protection.
|Active or Passive||Passive|
|Number of Speakers||Single|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Dynaudio M3A - Single.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields