Dynaudio BM14S - Single – No Longer Available
The Dynaudio BM 14S subwoofer is perfectly aligned for operation with the BM and M series monitors. For larger multichannel setups with, e.g. five M1.5's, multiple BM 14S's will be a preferred choice.
The BM 14S is designed to take care of the most challenging requests and it will compliment larger stereo and multichannel setups in even the most demanding studios.
The BM 14S has been designed as a closed cabinet type subwoofer. This type of cabinet design gives you significant control and enhancement of the general performance as the closed cabinet creates an internal pressure. This adds considerably to the amount of accurately reproduced low frequency signals. When audio reproduction is more accurate, it will add to the sense of reality, and the BM 14S ensures exactly that.
The BM 14S is very suitable for the following production environments:
- Post production
- Music recording and mixing
- Film editing
- DVD authoring and mastering
- Multichannel production (audio or audio for pictures)
- Edit suites
With an auto on/off function, energy usage shuts off after minutes of no input signal, thereby saving energy when the subwoofer is idle. As soon as an input is detected, the auto sensing circuit enables the subwoofer to come back to life.
A satellite filter feature is provided by the BM 14S, enabling adjustment of low-pass corner frequencies from 50 to 150Hz of the monitor source signal. The subwoofer will thus take care of the lower and power consuming frequencies, and thereby adding to the performance and clarity of the monitors in the system. This is due to the high-pass filtering feature that the BM 14S comes with. If the need arises to daisy-chain more subwoofers to the same system, the low level LFE output gives you exactly that choice.
- 12” woofer
- Phase adjustment in 0° / 180°
- Auto on/off, power LED
- Mode selection, LFE or slave
- Seamless adjustment of low-pass corner frequencies
- SAT/SUB high-pass adjustment, flat, 60 Hz, 80 Hz
- Dimensions: 13.8" x 14.5" x 16.5" / 350 x 368 x 420 mm
- 300 W @ 4 ohms
- Discrete LFE input, slave output for linking
- Closed cabinet for extremely precise low frequency reproduction
- System: active subwoofer
- Frequency response (+/- 3 dB): 18 Hz - 250 Hz Sub input, 18 Hz - 250 Hz LFE input
- Low frequency limit: 18 Hz
- High frequency limit: 50 Hz - 250 Hz Sub input, 150 Hz LFE input
- Amplifier power: 300 W @ 4 Ohms
- Crossover frequencies HP Sat: Flat / 60 Hz / 80 Hz
- Low pass filter: 50 – 150 Hz
- Crossover slope: 2nd order Butterworth
- Crossover bypass: yes (Flat)
- Phase adjustment: 0° / 180°
- Inputs: balanced/XLR
- Input sensitivity for full output: 75 mV – 5 V
- Maximum input: 10 Vrms
- Input impedance: 10kohms
- Output: balanced / XLR
- Master / slave link: yes
- Drive unit: 12" (30 cm), long throw
- Magnetic shielding: yes
- Internal cabinet volume: 31 litres
- Bass principle: closed
- Power consumption maximum: 325 W
- Power consumption standby: < 3 W
- Mains voltage: 100-120 V @ 50 - 60Hz
- Weight (net): 21 kg
- Dimensions: (W x H x D) 350 x 368 x 420 mm / 13.8" x 14.5" x 16.5"
|Active or Passive||Active|
|Number of Speakers||Single|
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields
Please fill out the form below and, when Dynaudio BM14S - Single becomes available, a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you.