Dynaudio Air Base-12 – No Longer Available
The Dynaudio AIR Base 12 is a recent addition to the AIR series, and with a total frequency response of 22 Hz - 200 Hz and 500 watts of amplification, this subwoofer delivers a clear and crisp punch to the bottom.
The subwoofer sports a new class D amp developed at the TC Electronic laboratories, which will assure "top of the line" quality and an abundance of power and reliability. On top of that the AIR Base 12 comes with a new 12" woofer that was specifically designed for low frequency reproduction and extremely tight impulse response.
AIR Base 12 is a compact and dedicated AIR series active subwoofer. Intended for smaller and medium size rooms, AIR Base 12 offers the high performance that has become the trademark of Dynaudio Acoustics' AIR Series. Use one AIR Base 12 with e.g. AIR 6 or 15 in smaller rooms, or link several Base 12's in bigger rooms with e.g. AIR 20 or 25 and increase the acoustic output with each additional unit.
Through the TC Link (proprietary AIR network) AIR Base 12 integrates with AIR series monitors and delivers unique features such as advanced bass management and a wealth of other tweaking possibilities. This subwoofer will be an ideal complement for both stereo and multichannel setups like:
- Editing suites
- Post production facilities
- Music recording and mixing studios
- Larger OB vans
- DVD authoring and mastering
- Stereo and multichannel production
Combining technology from Dynaudio and TC, AIR Base 12 offers ultimate precision and total integration with AIR Series. AIR Base subwoofers can be used only with AIR Series monitors.
- System: active subwoofer
- Total frequency response: 22 Hz - 200 Hz +/- 3 dB, dep. on setting
- Max. SPL 1m, one (IEC Short Term): 123dB peak
- Max. SPL 2m, 5.1 (IEC Short Term): 117 dB peak
- Precision of monitor matching: +/- 0.2 dB
- Port tuning frequency: 24 Hz
- Internal cabinet volume: 41 liters
- Bass principle: bass reflex. downfiring port
- Woofer: 1 pcs. 300 mm/12", two-piece molded polyprop cone, 75 mm/3" pure copper voice coil
- Mains voltage: 100 to 240 VAC, 50 to 60 Hz (select)
- Power consumption: idle: 50 W/Max: 375 W
- Finish: black painted metal back plate
- Cabinet: black ash with dark gray MDF baffle
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 460 x 360 x 502mm (18.1 x 14.2 x 19.7)
- Weight: 38 kg (83.8 lbs)
- Amplifier: 500 W amp
- Typical room size: 50-125 m3 / 1600-4400 ft3
- Internal sample rate: 192 and 176.4 via Dual Wire (optional Digital Card required) and 96, 88.2, 64, 48, 44.1 or 32 kHz
- I/O Connectors: XLR (2 channels AES/EBU in) 3 x RJ 45 proprietary TC Link
- Formats: AES/EBU (24 bit)
- Word clock input: BNC, 75ohm, 0.6-10 Vpp
- Display: 2 x 16 character dot matrix
- Operation: menu system / four buttons
- Input connectors: XLR balanced (pin 2+, pin 3-)
- Impedance: 10/3 k ohm (balanced/unbalanced)
- Selectable full scale input level: +9, +15, +21, +27 dBu
- Dynamic range: > 113 dB typ. (unweighted), BW: 20-20 kHz
- THD+N: < -105 dB typ. @ 1 kHz, -3 dBFS
- Crosstalk: < -120 dB, 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- A to D conversion: 24 bit (dual bit delta sigma sampling at 4.1/5.6/6.1/6.1 MHz)
- I/O connectors: 2 x RJ45 proprietary TC-Link
- Complies with: EN 55103-1 and EN 55103-2, FCC part 15 class B, CISPR 22 class B
- Certified to: IEC 60065, EN 60065, UL 6500 and CSA E60065 CSA FILE #LR108093
- Operating temperature: 32° F to 122° F (0° C to 50° C)
- Storage temperature: -22° F to 167° F (-30° C to 70° C)
- Humidity: max. 90 % non-condensing
|Active or Passive||Active|
|Number of Speakers||Single|
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields
Please fill out the form below and, when Dynaudio Air Base-12 becomes available, a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you.