Drawmer MXPRO-60 Front End One Channel Strip
The Drawmer MX Pro 60 Front End One is a unique mic/line/instrument input channel in a single rack space providing high quality Drawmer processing prior to tape/hard disc recording. The MX60 is also ideally suited to project studio and live sound applications. Functioning as a studio grade mic pre-amp, Program Adaptive gate, de-esser, compressor, limiter, three band EQ and multi band tube saturation stage, the MX60 offers the user more options than competitive units currently available.
Grass Roots - The MX60 draws its technology from the most successful of Drawmer products. The mic pre-amp features the same discrete component design found in the legendary Drawmer 1960, the de-esser is derived from the MX50, the VCA based compressor is similar to the MX30, while the peak limiter and gate can be tracked back to the DL241 compressor/limiter.
- Input Stage: The input stage may be switched to accept mic, line, or instrument level signals - the XLR mic input has switchable 48V phantom power and phase reverse, while the line input is on both a balanced +4dB TRS jack and an unbalanced -10dB jack. A high impedance Instrument jack is located on the front panel for use with electric guitars, basses, synths and drum machines.
- Program Adaptive Gate: Drawmer's proprietary Program Adaptive circuitry means that all the time constants are automatically optimized for the material being processed. This enables stable gating and eliminates 'chatter' around threshold. Controls via a single variable threshold and switchable fast/slow auto release.
- De-Esser: Floating threshold de-ess operation where the de-esser automatically and continually readjusts its own threshold level. The MX60 de-esser is almost completely automatic requiring the user only to select a switchable male or female setting and to adjust the amount of de-essing required. Only the sibilant sounds are subjected to gain reduction so that the lisping effect of simpler de-essers is avoided.
- EQ: High and low shelving sections as well as fully parametric mid range EQ with variable frequency, 'Q', and ±18dB cut/boost.
- Compressor: High quality VCA compressor based on that of the MX30 and DL24. Both the attack and release times are Program Adaptive leaving the user with only ratio, threshold and make-up gain to adjust.
- Tube sound: Multi band 'tube saturation' allows users to create subtle warming, high frequency effects or out-and-out obvious effects via three separate, independently adjustable audio bands. Low settings on all bands enable replication of classic tube mic sounds.
- Output: The output stage includes a limiter with a preset threshold (+16dB) and a variable master fader with output bargraph metering which sets the overall output level from OFF to +15dB. A two stage soft/hard limiting approach has been adopted with yellow and red LEDs signifying soft (approaching limit point) and hard limiting (hitting limit point).
|Tube or Solid State||Solid State|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Drawmer MXPRO-60 Front End One Channel Strip.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields